Charging Swan

PapaLazarou

Suspended / Banned
Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
A male Swan swimming towards me very fast.
This Swan would swim at me when he saw that i was near his nest site. Even though the female was out on the water with the Cygnet's the male would come to me and get out the water to scare me off. This is 1 of around 100 frames i took, i was always trying to capture a good reflection in the water.
Hope you like it.

Charging_Swan.jpg

Canon 1DMKIIN
Sigma 100-300 F4 at 179mm
AV - F4
TV - 750
ISO - 400
White ballance - Auto
Spot metering
exposed comp + 2

It's a cracker, never seen a swan shot like that before :)

Thanks i noticed the reflection in the calm water and exposed to bring out the relfection. I will post another soon showing the female and the cygnet in the distance.

love it, you were lucky to get away with your life, let alone such a great shot.

can you imagine how fast his legs are going under the water..lol

Thanks
he was moving very very fast, he got out of the water and saw me off.

Well spotted. Good action and a perfect reflection in the water. (y)

Have you cropped it at all? I ask because I think that maybe it would look even better if it was a bit wider and one could see more of the water being disturbed to each side of the swan :)

No it's not been cropped it's how it was shot. I took around 30 frames has he came at me so i do have shots that are wider, at this point he was right on top of me and i had to move fast.

Pukka shot. Well worth the risk I reckon!

That's a corker! (y)

You are very brave though :LOL: I'm surprised there was no camera shake!

Swan shots are usually 2 a penny but this one stands out. I like it (y)

top notch

I was only around 5 ft away at this point, and then i moved or i would have been swan food.

Ye i know what you meen, he wasnt messing around. He would have done me some damage if he had got me.

Very special shot this............havent seen one this good before!!

The fluffy outline of the swan in the reflection is fantastic! (y)

Fantasic shot, the reflection is just perfect. I assume the running occured after this frame :p

This was the last frame from the many i shot. I have been back to try and repeat the shot and improve on it. But it's never been the same and just cant better it. Will keep trying.

This was the last frame from the many i shot. I have been back to try and repeat the shot and improve on it. But it's never been the same and just cant better it. Will keep trying.

I think you will be a long time trying to improve on this shot .fantastic! :clap: :clap:

I've taken quite a few pictures of swans before but i've never had one charge at me like this before. Generally the swans here just hang around you close expected you to feed them.

Back