Steve
Edit My Images
No
Shot this last night.

Shutter priority, 15 seconds @ ISO100 or 200

3707023597_4c8552d00e_o.jpg

C&C Welcome

Steve

Perhaps it was a bike that entered the frame just at the end of the exposure?

To be honest, its not the most beautiful of places during the day, but you make it look much more alive at night.

Shame about the bridge at the top of the pic though, the street lights guide you towards what would be the lamp in the centre, but its blocked by the bridge.

Thanks, yeah it was hard to frame it right with the building above.

As for the obscure light trail, think I hit the shutter speed a tad to early and caught a car in that lane. Also the light column in the middle of the frame is annoying but nothing can be done about that.

Should probably add that the gear was 400D + 18-55mm non-IS kit lens.

Last edited:
Hi Steve

Very nicely done.

It never fails to surprise me how different building and locations look when you shoot them at night. I’ve done a quick re-crop and removed the lamp post to give focus back on the building to give you some ideas (hope you don’t mind).

Debs

Charing.jpg

Nice photo, with a nice edit. heres the exif data

Exif Sub IFD

* Exposure Time (1 / Shutter Speed) = 15/1 second = 15 second
* Lens F-Number/F-Stop = 71/10 = F7.1
* Exposure Program = shutter priority (4)
* ISO Speed Ratings = 200

Sorry to be the party pooper :(, but I'd like this image a whole lot more if it was straight :| - the verticals are leaning way to the right.

If you did straighten it, you'd lose that OOF bridge rail in the lower left corner, as well.

Apart from that, it's a nice exposure :).

Thanks for the comments guys. Naboo, to me the verticals appear to be fairly vertical, perhaps the lightpost is at an angle though. Appreciate your comment though.

Debs, thanks for the edit, looks much better without the coloumn but you missed the shadows across the motorway ;)

Thanks for the comments guys. Naboo, to me the verticals appear to be fairly vertical, perhaps the lightpost is at an angle though. Appreciate your comment though.

Debs, thanks for the edit, looks much better without the coloumn but you missed the shadows across the motorway ;)

:razz: :LOL:

Guess that's the lesson. Hack one part of the photo and the other bit will bite you.

Back