Charity Shop Cameras

Name
Daniel
Edit My Images
No
As part of my work, I've recently set up a Pinterest, along with an accompanying Twitter, to promote items for sale online that are being listed by UK charities. I think it's a pretty cool way to keep an eye on possible bargains and support UK charities!

I've set up a board on Pinterest just for cameras, lenses & photography equipment, and I thought there might be some people on here interested in taking a look:
https://www.pinterest.co.uk/charitytreasures/photography-camera-equipment-for-charity/

Since starting working in the charity sector, I've become a bit obsessed with old cameras. I've finally got myself a film camera (Olympus OM-1n) and can't wait to test it out properly! I also want to fill my house with folding cameras because they're just beautiful... I'm almost certainly going to buy a bunch of this stuff myself haha.

Give it a follow if you're interested, it's all for good causes :)

The only trouble with buying from a charity shop is most of the workers in these shops haven’t got a clue what there selling ,it’s o.k listing a camera or lens by its name but that won’t give you a proper description of condition or as in the case of lenses. ,mount ,dust ,functionality ,or worst of all the dreaded fungus .
All I can see in fact that’s to gain from your venture is to push up the price in general of these items I.e someone sells a non working Pentax for £50 because it’s for a good cause , it’s probably worth a fiver but £50 then becomes the base line price ..

Your last sentence says it all ,it’s for a good cause (allegedly) so few buyers will complain

Back