Charity Sponsors photo shoot

Fraser Euan White

Suspended / Banned
Name
Fraser White
Edit My Images
Yes
A good friend of mine is a puppy trainer for assistance dogs who help disabled children with all manner of things. The dogs are all sponsored to pay for their keep and training and part of this is regular updates on how their sponsored dog is doing. Knowing I had recently taken up photography after a break she asked if I would be interested in doing this; I kind of agreed!

Who was it that said you should never work with children or animals!

Penny is only 14 weeks old and at the start od her training - she is a real 'live wire' and was a task even to get her to sit still! Eventually I decided on under exposing the ambient by 1/3rd of a stop and over exposing the flash by 2/3rds to try and stop her turning into a little 'black bob'.

I can't publish any more pics (rules of the charity) but this was a quick portrait of her, feedback is welcome as I think she wants more doing! (Unfortunately the crop had to be a bit tight on her head as the treat is just out of view!)

Penny Portrait by Fraser White, on Flickr

Last edited:
She looks nice and shiny!

if you're not keen on the tight crop - & not knowing the original, but could you clone/heal the treat out of the shot so you have a bit more space to play with at the top, or is it not suitable for that kind of edit?

Back