Charles Bridge - Prague

Edit My Images
Yes
Picture167.jpg
[/IMG]

Taken from the highest point in Prague from the top of Petrin Hill & Observation Tower.

How could this photo be edited? To make it look better

Well you need to level it up a bit, it's rotated clockwise a degree or so. Then you could adjust the levels to give it a bit of sparkel, at the mo it's got nice colours but it's a bit flat. If you tick the box in your profile that says others can have a go at editing the images you post we could perhaps show some examples.

For starters i'd :-

Slight rotation to cure the lean to right
Boost the contrast
boost the saturation
reduce the blue channel to remove some of the haze.

Then see what the results are. If ok then sharpen and reupload.

I'd have a go for you, but you've not ticked the edit box in your profile...

edit: damn steep you're quick, either that or i type too slow !!

Cool thanks for the excellent tips. There checked the edit box, feel free to edit.

Ok rotated 3 deg anti clockwise, adjusted the levels, applied a gentle unshark mask and very slightly upped the colour saturation.

Picture167.jpg

The rotation means you've lost some of the edge buildings but that can't be helped.

Or using PSP9 > rotate 1 degree to the left, 1 step photo fix + slight curves adjustment + clarify 2; gives you this:

Im.jpg

rotated, curve adjustment, blue channel reduction, sharpen

prague.jpg

wow i was not expecting those results, i had no idea how much you can save photographs with just a little bit of tweaking. Thanks for the time and comments ill put them to good practise with some other photos.

Interesting to see the 3 edits. There are aspects of each one that look good. Got be a perfect mix in there somewhere.

Picture is not bad either. Think I've got something similar from a slightly different view point.

Look at the number of tourists on that bridge!

Did I ever tell you about the time we nearly got mugged in Prague................................................

Look at the number of tourists on that bridge!

Did I ever tell you about the time we nearly got mugged in Prague................................................

Guess it can happen anywhere. Have to say we felt quite safe walking around in Prague - even at night.

We were accosted outside our hotel by 2 very large guys in suits posing as plain clothed police who stated that they believed that we had bought drugs & to hand over our passports & wallets. They had not however allowed for the venomous temper of the current Mrs B. who told them in no uncertain way where they stood in life! They promply told us to move on so we legged it back into the hotel.

As you say wrong place wrong time

We were accosted outside our hotel by 2 very large guys in suits posing as plain clothed police who stated that they believed that we had bought drugs & to hand over our passports & wallets. They had not however allowed for the venomous temper of the current Mrs B. who told them in no uncertain way where they stood in life! They promply told us to move on so we legged it back into the hotel.

As you say wrong place wrong time

That sort of con is very popular in Prague we were told to beware of con-artists posing as plain clothed police officers.

The other con is people attempting to exchange Czech currency on the streets which is off course fake.

Always renember to ask for I.D and if sounds too good to be true it properly is.

Glad you were allright, we never encounted such people only annoying people trying to herd us in to strip clubs.

Difficult photo to work with, I havent been able to get much definition with the people on the bridge.

I fiddled with Level, Contrast, Highlights/Shadows and sharpen till

Picture167.jpg

I remember that bridge well, lovely edits everyone.

When we went to Prague on youth group day trip, we spent half the day in the Ctaholic Hospital as one our our party fell out of a tree and broke their collarbone

Back