Charterhall Stages 2008

Name
Ross Angus Williams
Edit My Images
Yes
Had a good day out on the cold and windy air field of Charterhall. New event for me so no previous knowledge of stages, format of the event etc so just had a walk around untill we found some decent spots.

1.MG ZR a bit close to chicane
DSC_2747.jpg

2.Ross Hunter cliping a tyre
DSC_2939.jpg

3.Awesome Opel Manta, shame it retired with a broken diff
DSC_3040.jpg

4.One of three course cars
DSC_3109.jpg

Nice set there mate, could have maybe used a slighty slower shutter speed to get some wheel blur to add a bit of moition to the pics

to be honest Ross I don't think these are as good as some of your recent shots. Doesn't look like you had a great viewing point though. Manta looks sweet though :D

Yeah as macky799 said you could have done with using a slower shutter speed. The Lancia Stratos is frozen due to lack of wheel blur. As for number 5, i like it. The tyres seem to frame the car. You also could do with cropping the tyres out of the bottom of picture 7. I like that scooby one, he must have been giving it some. As i said a slower shutter speed would have been better but good shots anyway.

Nice set there mate, could have maybe used a slighty slower shutter speed to get some wheel blur to add a bit of moition to the pics

I could have dropped the shutter speed but would have been hard to keep cars infocus dues to very strong winds and it being bloody cold, also most cars were being very cautious so speeds were not high.

to be honest Ross I don't think these are as good as some of your recent shots. Doesn't look like you had a great viewing point though. Manta looks sweet though :D
When I was looking back at these on the trip home I knew you was going to say that:LOL:

I am quite happy I am now getting a high keep rate which is what was letting me down most before. Viewing at Charterhall is not very good so was making the best of the event.

Yeah as macky799 said you could have done with using a slower shutter speed. The Lancia Stratos is frozen due to lack of wheel blur. As for number 5, i like it. The tyres seem to frame the car. You also could do with cropping the tyres out of the bottom of picture 7. I like that scooby one, he must have been giving it some. As i said a slower shutter speed would have been better but good shots anyway.

The Stratos was a course car so was only doing 10-20mph tops as by that time they had use 2 other course cars up and they had broke so it was a kind of last resort.

Thanks all for your comments, very much apprieciated

When I was looking back at these on the trip home I knew you was going to say that:LOL:

At least I'm predictable ;) You going to the Granite? Need to organise a meet :)

Hi Ross,
Looks like you had a bit of fun.
The manta is pretty,as you said.
The mitsi shot has good action.
rest are a bit dull by your standards.
Pons

Back