Chasing Sunsets

Name
mark
Edit My Images
No
I was on Bruny Island that lies between Storm Bay and the d'Entrecasteaux Channel, south of Hobart.
My purpose in being there was to shoot birds, not landscapes, but at dusk when I was passing by Cloudy Bay Lagoon
I came upon this compelling scene. Hastily I made my way to the waters edge searching for something interesting to place in the foreground
but all I found was a stick poking out of the water - I had time enough only to capture these two pictures before the spell had broken.

lagoon1.jpg

lagoon2.jpg

The moment does pass quickly!

I've heard say that the moment is 9 minutes getting to us, but gone in seconds when it does. ;)

Having scrolled that first shot up and down the screen for a while I think that I like it it more with the stick than as a panoramic. I think it's because it's easier to place myself there, with the thought of sitting and watching the day end.

I love the peace and tranquility of the first one especially. Not sure on the reflected sticks as the expanse between them and the start of the reflection is a bit too much. Again, not sure on that,but overall I like the image.....(y)

The second one seems a bit muted and lacking any real interest to be honest,I think I understand what you tried for as I have tried to do the same and failed.......:LOL:

Please post some more images of your country,always nice to see landscape from around the world............(y)

Like No 2 a lot.

I've heard say that the moment is 9 minutes getting to us, but gone in seconds when it does. ;)

Having scrolled that first shot up and down the screen for a while I think that I like it it more with the stick than as a panoramic. I think it's because it's easier to place myself there, with the thought of sitting and watching the day end.
Yea Darren, I pondered over that stick myself, "To be or not to be" ... that was the question, but scrolling it in and out as you did, reached the same conclusion. Thanks mate.

I am not sure that the stick brings anything to #1. I feel it would be better cropped 'panoramically' to accentuate the perfect mirror image. #2 seems more successful. It has a lovely, stripped down, layered quality.

The moment does pass quickly!
As the Roman Generals used to say, Carpe Diem! Thanks Toby. ;)

I love the peace and tranquility of the first one especially. Not sure on the reflected sticks as the expanse between them and the start of the reflection is a bit too much. Again, not sure on that,but overall I like the image.....(y)

The second one seems a bit muted and lacking any real interest to be honest,I think I understand what you tried for as I have tried to do the same and failed.......:LOL:

Please post some more images of your country, always nice to see landscape from around the world............(y)
Hi Ade, As said, I wasn't sure about the stick myself, whether to leave it or crop it out but concluded after several crops that the whole looks better with it in ... yet that is just my opinion and it's useful to have yours. Thanks.

Like No 2 a lot.
Thanks a lot, Dougie.

Back