Chatsworth Balloons from the weekend

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Had a trip out to Chatsworth early on Saturday and found almost perfect conditions for the balloon flight.

The light wind was from the south which meant a better spread of launch points for the balloons and the light breeze would move them slowly up the valley towards me.

The river Derwent was also like a mirror for most of the morning :)

Drifting by Dave Semmens, on Flickr

Thanks for looking

Dave.

Really really nice Dave. Almost surreal (esp to me who rarely sees a hot air balloon these days). Reflections are lovely and it's nice to see a water shot without a stopper of some sort.
Thanks for posting.

Really really nice Dave. Almost surreal (esp to me who rarely sees a hot air balloon these days). Reflections are lovely and it's nice to see a water shot without a stopper of some sort.
Thanks for posting.
It is more like wildlife photography than landscapes :) Handheld and reasonable shutter speeds. Enjoyed trying something different to the usual landscape stuff

That's great. Fantastic scene. I don't normally go for much saturation but I half wonder if you might be able to push it further on this with such a bold array of colours on the balloons. Maybe some selective stuff to avoid making the grass and sky look to psychedelic.

That's great. Fantastic scene. I don't normally go for much saturation but I half wonder if you might be able to push it further on this with such a bold array of colours on the balloons. Maybe some selective stuff to avoid making the grass and sky look to psychedelic.
I very rarely touch saturation - normally just contrast etc.

Will have a peek when I put the computer on next time :)

I just went over to your flickr page to view this shot and clicked on it to make it large, wow, I mean W O W and what a great screen saver this shot takes, I enjoyed viewing this shot, thanks for sharing.

Superb shot, love it(y)

GC

That's a gorgeous image.

"Excellent" shot Sir, beautiful colours and some really good reflections.(y)

George.

This is absolutely superb. When viewed full screen your eyes dart around the scene from one balloon to the next struggling to settle, but in a good way if you know what I mean! It's a really almost surreal shot and very dynamic, almost as though the photograph has a life of it's own. Well done.

Thanks for all the great comments - much appreciated :)

Just after I took a few photos of this scene I got my phone out and took a quick snap to send to my wife. The spacing of the balloons in that shot is perfect - the group of balloons grouped together on the right third line had just separated out nicely.

That will teach me to think about the wife when out with my camera :)

Excellent photo, you must have been very pleased to get such a fine result

Back