Chatsworth International Horse Trials

P-E

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Managed to get over to the Horse trials at Chatsworth House yesterday (main event today I think)..........anyway never done anything like this before and a few lessons were learnt along the way.

CHATSWORTH-6T.jpg

CHATSWORTH-4T.jpg

CHATSWORTH-3T.jpg

CHATSWORTH-2T.jpg

CHATSWORTH-5T.jpg

CHATSWORTH-1T.jpg

CHATSWORTH-7.jpg

#4 with the coloured horse is excellent although I'd be tempted to crop just a little bit of the right and bottom.

I really enjoyed Badminton last weekend and can't wait to do another big event, you going to do it again?

Cheers Colin........well it's thanks to your Badminton photo's that inspired me to go to this event :) .

Hopefully I will be attending this one again next year, it was a really enjoyable day out.

Big thanks also to Hacker and dod who took time to answer my PM's with helpful tips and advice before I went (y)

Some really great shots there,
was going to take the kids (and the cam) there today but checked the forecast.. and it wasnt favourable.
Not looking too bad now.. so may pop along! :)

Raining now in Sheffield Scoff :( ..........I had to dodge the showers yesterday which wasn't too bad.

lol, yep always the way!! just looked out the window..

may pop to town later for some wet street photography if I can get someone to come along

A really good set of pics P-E ... (y) ... would never have said you were a novice at this stuff ... :cautious:

So what were the lessons along the way ... :shrug:

#4 is an exceptional action shot with both horse and rider looking in the direction of their next challenge ... super pic ... :clap:

:p

Thanks Ven :)

Lessons learnt that I can remember :thinking:

(1) If you are going to ask advice remember it........plenty of shots went in the bin by forgetting what Hacker and dod had advised :bonk:

(2) Setting the 1DMKII to burst mode.....be prepared to have plenty of memory.......I went through 6GB in one shoot for the first time (I was only going to go with 4GB initially).

(3) Be prepared for people ducking when the above fires (tis like a machine gun).

Plenty of other little things along the way ;)

They are all excellent and would be worthy of selling. Top quality.:clap:

great job, #3 would be my pick (y)

Cheers dod (y)

I know what you mean about the backgrounds Joe :(

Back