Cheap 120 Film

expensive way to shoot black and white - not for the film, but the process... Normal Black and White is cheap to soup yourself - C41 is going to have to go to a lab unless you're kitted up for souping colour neg film (or you're going to do Arthurs Cross-DressingProcessing trick

tetenal ? if you were using it already ...

well - yes, but even then - chemicals cost for a 1 litre tetenal kit is around £22 delivered, and is good for 10-15 films - so £2.20 - £1.47 per roll - ID-11 at around £8.50 for 1 litre, used at 1+3 comes out at less than a quid a roll of 120 (4 litres/500ml per roll gives 8 rolls) - stop and fix aren't gonna come to 40p per roll :shrug:

very true.

for those without scanners/soup then :) process and scan !

I can see the point in C41 black and white for 35mm - with the whole high street processing, but for 120, if you're going to be sending things to a decent lab anyway, there's a wider selection of films in normal process, and if you're processing yourself, frankly normal B&W chemicals are far less unpleasant than C41 stuff. :shrug:

Go and find yourself a good lab. I am not quite sure where the best one nearest Coventry ( the OP's location).

Go and find yourself a good lab. I am not quite sure where the best one nearest Coventry ( the OP's location).

Good + Lab = muchos doshas ???

Back