Cheap camera for an 8 year old!

Name
Daniel
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone, I've decided I want to get my nephew a little camera to enjoy for his 8th birthday. Every time we go out together somewhere he can't give me 5 minutes alone with my 6D, so he definitely needs his own camera.

My budget is quite low, as I've bought him other presents, so looking to spend around £50. I know that doesn't get you much, but bearing in mind he's only 8, he doesn't need anything special.

Would the following be any good?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Boxed...974080?hash=item2812ac4ec0:g:VKEAAOSwWTRWzEpw

Or would I be better off with something used that sells for a similar price?

Appreciate any advice, I'm not used to looking at this end of the market!

Maybe look at a second hand bridge camera?
While they have EVFs and fixed lenses, they do look like little DSLRs, which may be a plus with your nephew.

I would definitely say a bridge - I've actually got a canon power shot pro 1 going if you're interested.

Ffordes are fine, Dan if that's who you mean ?

Cheers Damian, I bought the fz30 from Forbes and it arrived sharpish! Have to say it's an impressive little camera, quite large and heavy but I think it will be exactly what my nephew wants, he's already a bit of a tech head and this will make him feel like he has a proper camera (well it is a proper camera).

So, thanks to woof woof for the link!

Back