Cheap Canon gear (not bodies)

Name
Andy Jones
Edit My Images
Yes
I recently bought my 70-200 f/4 L for £400 delivered from a guy I heard about on some other forums. He lives in the US but ships his stock over to Scotland so there's no import duty, etc. to worry about. He sells on ebay under the name Kerso and his shop is called Flash Camera. He's happy to deal direct to avoid the fees and passes all the savings on to the buyer - I saved £40 on the 70-200 this way.

He's a top bloke with a well deserved rep for good service and you can reach him here: kerso1123@msn.com. I've no connection with him other than being a satisified customer.

He doesn't deal in bodies as Canon don't offer an international warranty on them but if you're after a Canon lens it's worth a look.

There are a few of us on here that have dealt with Ian Kerr and none that will say any bad :)

I did ask him for a Sigma price once and he could be beaten.

Oh and he will give you a UK reciept so you can claim with the Canon cashback vouchers (y)

Yep, Ian's one of the good guys, had my macro and 100-400 off him. Think I got my 70-200 F4 as well but could be wrong, memory's starting to get smaller as waistline gets bigger :nuts:

I've just been having email correspondence with this guy trying to sort a deal out on some Canon lenses......good to hear he's a sound fella.(y)

RobertP said:
Oh and he will give you a UK reciept so you can claim with the Canon cashback vouchers (y)

How does that work? I thought you had to cut the barcode out of the box. I would guess the barcode would then tell Canon that it's not a UK, or even a European, lens?

I don't think they are that sophisticated. If they have a retailers receipt that is enough eveidence. I have got cashback on the ones that were out last year with no problem.

Nothing to lose by applying anyway (apart from a bit of your cardboard box) :)

So if I could get hold of a UK receipt for my Hong Kong bought 10-22mm, I may be able to get a bit of cashback?

Ian gets about a bit :D

I did a search before I posted but nothing came up so I decided to spread the word, amen ;)

Just a query...

I payed for the 50mm i bought off him on an ebay auction this morning, from peoples experiences, how likely will the lens be to arrive tommorow?

He uses parcelforce for deliveries (or he did last time I bought). I paid cash into his Abbey account and I think my lens arrived about 3 days later. It was in stock in Scotland at the time.

RobertP said:
He uses parcelforce for deliveries (or he did last time I bought). I paid cash into his Abbey account and I think my lens arrived about 3 days later. It was in stock in Scotland at the time.
Alrighty, on the auction it said that he uses RM Special Delivery mind you, did it say that with you?

I dealt with him direct not ebay. Probably different delivery for a 100-400L :)

He will discount for no ebay and paypal fees - which is why I paid into his account direct. He also likes to phone you and say hello too :)

Ah buggery :p

We did exchange E-mails beforehand and i did manage to get a tenner knocked off the price though :D

I mentioned i saw his post on photography-on-the-net and he was more than happy to offer me the discount :)

In case anyone hasn't noticed.... welcome to the current newest member - kerso :)

RobertP said:
In case anyone hasn't noticed.... welcome to the current newest member - kerso :)
Noticed that earlier, welcome aboard Ian :)

RobertP said:
I sent him an email asking for prices the other day and also mentioned the forums and this post saying he might like to pop in and say hello, I'm glad he joined up.

Awoken at god knows what time by the postie this morning.... With this!

50mmb.jpg

Wow, this baby is sharp :eek:

dad.jpg

Thanks for the GREAT service Ian! I'll definately be coming back to you when i make my next lens purchase, great prices and great service! Thanks mate :)

I don't think he provides a complete price list, with lens prices changing quite often combined with what he has in stock in Scotland at that particular time he seems to prefer you to email him saying which lens/es your interested in and he'll discuss it with you from there, quite often phoning you to do so.

Back