Cheap Fisheye

Do the Samyang's compare well on DX to the Nikon 10.5mm?
I find the 10.5mm fantastic, plus the lightroom lens correction makes it fairly versatile!

The Lomo Fisheye is a cheap way to play with "proper" fisheye imagery but it's film (not that there's anything wrong with that!). It crops the top and bottom of the circular image slightly, in much the same way as a Dx Nikon crops the circle that an 8mm Sigma gives. The 8mm Sigma on full frame gives a complete 180° circular image and retains full automation from focus to aperture f/11 and smaller gives immense DoF which almost renders focussing redundant at any distance beyond close ups!

Thanks, I had a look and in the end went for the Samyang 8mm, direct from China. :) Thanks ever so much.. :)

Hope it works well for you.
I think I need another creativity injection; My Peleng's not had an outing for ages.
To be fair I did buy it for use as as super wide most of the time and de-fished it in software. I've not used it much since I worked more overtime and picked up a 7-14mm.

Hope it works well for you.
I think I need another creativity injection; My Peleng's not had an outing for ages.
To be fair I did buy it for use as as super wide most of the time and de-fished it in software. I've not used it much since I worked more overtime and picked up a 7-14mm.

Yea, thanks, you too.. :)

How do you find the Peleng?

It's ages since I used it to be honest as I bought it originally as the only affordable way to get a super wide lens.
It certainly works well enough, but is a bit susceptible to flare as you might expect.
Quite heavy and well made, but I needed to shim the adaptor slightly for correct focussing, though that's hardly the fault of the Peleng.

It's ages since I used it to be honest as I bought it originally as the only affordable way to get a super wide lens.
It certainly works well enough, but is a bit susceptible to flare as you might expect.
Quite heavy and well made, but I needed to shim the adaptor slightly for correct focussing, though that's hardly the fault of the Peleng.

Im finding the Samyang brilliant :)

Sorry to hijack, but does anyone know a reputable seller for the Samyang?

I think Mifsuds sell Samyang lenses these days and are a reputable dealer of long standing. Based in Brixham, Torbay and a proper, old fashioned bricks'n'mortr shop as well as a web presence.

http://www.mifsuds.com/acatalog/Samyang.html

Yup, they do stock Samyang!

Back