cheap horrible film

Name
David
Edit My Images
No
I've managed to scrounge some Kodak gold 200 as all my film is at home and devon camera don't sell 120 (and jessops are thieving pikeys)

I have a lovely loan camera that I'd like to run these two rolls through, but I'm in a bit of a pickle, I have colour slide and BnW neg chems but no c41 chems. Can I dev these in E6 or will it look ****, not too fussed about killing the chems as there are 2 rolls and I don't pay for the chems.

Any thoughts

Also I found it next to a radiator pipe and its 8 years out of date so I am NOT paying to dev it :p

Yes, give cross-processing a go. I've always wanted to try but never had the cojones.

They seem to recommend pushing it a stop or two, though results seem a bit hit and miss, but anyway it's been fried by a radiator for a decade, so.... ;)

success

we have images pushed 2e stops in camera and 2 in dev and still look a bit under :p

orange cast (I think) but will scan in flat bed when home

felt a bit **** earlier, then I got offered a shockingly sweet (and unexpected) loan and running these 2e rolls through has really cheered me up. I find darkroom work so relaxing.

typed this sitting outside the darkroom having a ciggie

they look epic in better light nailed exposures and not horrible casts

unfortuntely i screwed up loading one roll into the camera and the other onto the spool so neither are amazing but dead chuffed

will scan soonish

What scanner are you using David? My slides normally come out dark but not 6 stops under. Have you got the light in the lid working properly? The other thing to remember is that your eyes are very good at compensating for under exposure when you hold the slide against a bright light like a window.

its just an office flatbed, no light in lid. Working on another solution to scan in

I don't know anyone who has been able to scan slides or negs in a basic flatbed. You've got to be able to get the light through the film.

Does you uni not have a slide scanner? An epson V700 would do two frames at a time or a 4490 would do one at a time. If worst comes to the worst post them to me and I'll do it for you.

It does explain why the frames were 6 stops under though, your scanning transparent not reflective materials so have to have the light behind it.

we have kinda sucess on scanning, method here

2frames.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

Glad that camera still works...lol
Light-meter OK? I used to use a Minolta Flash-Meter with it myself...

battery light says yes, I just metered off the grass and it seems to work

with 4 stops of pushing I wasn't too fussed about accuracy :D

Back