Cheap Pricing?

Z

ZED28

I was looking for reviews on the Nikon D200 and stumbled across this site...

http://adpstore.com

A couple of the cameras I'm interested in are listed with the following prices...

Canon 20D with EF-S 18-55mm Lens for $849
Nikon D200 (Body Only) for $1119.00

They have lenses and other cameras too, including the premium Canon SLR's.

As far as I can see, it's free shipping for the most part and they seem to offer a full US warranty on the equipment. The funny thing is, they are supposedly in Manchester in the UK.

From what I've seen, or at least in the US, the Nikon D200 is around $1700 for the most part so the $1119 tag seems pretty damn cheap!

Just wondering if anyone else has heard of or dealt with them on here? Thoughts?

ive not heard of them, interesting link though!

I'd be a bit careful. They turn up as advertising links in a google search but there is no mention at all in google groups.

Registrant is in Miami....

Registrant:
gustavo cardaci
7923 nw 21 street
miami, miami 33122
US

Domain name: ADPSTORE.COM

Administrative Contact:
gustavo cardaci, gustavo cardaci **********@earthlink.net
7923 nw 21 street
miami, miami 33122
US
+44.8709220699 Fax: +44.1332864161

Technical Contact:
On Behalf of a customer, StreamlineNet ****@streamline.net
Castle Square
Melbourne, Derbyshire DE73 8DY
GB
+44.8709220699 Fax: +44.1332864161

Registration Service Provider:
StreamlineNet Limited, ****@streamline.net
441332864161 (fax)
http://www.streamline.net
The home of good value web hosting. Packages from ?13.99 per year.

Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
Record last updated on 06-May-2006.
Record expires on 06-May-2007.
Record created on 06-May-2006.

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.STREAMLINEDNS.CO.UK
NS2.STREAMLINEDNS.CO.UK

Domain status: REGISTRAR-LOCK

So if they are in Manchester, why are the prices in $$$ :thinking:
I'd be very wary. My other half has just bought something for his car, from a company supposedly based in Sheffield... turns out it's coming from Japan!

Another thing, if the product is being imported, you may have problems with warranties etc.

Thanks for the feedback peeps. ZED28 is No1 Son... I got 'em all over the place. :D

If these cameras can be exported to the USA from the UK still cheaper than US prices, then surely they must be coming from the far east? The other strange thing is they're still advertising the Canon 1DMK2 - not the N version, which I thought had all been snapped up yonks ago. :thinking:

Be a bit careful Gaz. :cautious:

I'd be concerned that it's one of those bait and switch stores, there's nothing on resellerratings yet but maybe I'm just being a bit cynical. Old rule possibly holds, "if it looks too good to be true....."

Golden rule in shopping - If the price looks too good to be true, is probably is.

Thanks for the feedback and advice guys, I'll tread carefully going forward... :D

Back