Cheap reflectors... and snoots FROM TESCO

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Just wandering around Tesco and cam across some "reflective" silver and gold table covers. They are 120cm x 180cm they make excellent reflectors and slip in the bag flat... they weigh next to nothing. I have also been on the hunt for some stiff foam material ( like the wetsuit neoprene) that can be made into tubular stretchy snoots for just about any flash unit. They sell "exercise mats" in various colours ( not black ;-) but I have glued some of the above silver cover on one side and now have a soft flexible stretch material I can use for any size snoot. thanks to the strobist...
On the way out I also managed to grab some big £1.00 plastic clips that will hold any background to the curtain rail.... I love this shop...!:clap:

Another thumbs up for the Poundland windscreen sunblinds. They have a great silver textured surface and fold up very small too.

Just wandering around Tesco and cam across some "reflective" silver and gold table covers. They are 120cm x 180cm they make excellent reflectors and slip in the bag flat... they weigh next to nothing. I have also been on the hunt for some stiff foam material ( like the wetsuit neoprene) that can be made into tubular stretchy snoots for just about any flash unit. They sell "exercise mats" in various colours ( not black ;-) but I have glued some of the above silver cover on one side and now have a soft flexible stretch material I can use for any size snoot. thanks to the strobist...
On the way out I also managed to grab some big £1.00 plastic clips that will hold any background to the curtain rail.... I love this shop...!:clap:

Ok, I know where the table covers are, but which aisle did you find the clips in? Thats exactly what I am looking for, was going to go into town this week and find a hardwre shop, but easier to go to tesco :D

Harrogate's too posh for a Tesco superstore.
smirk.gif

Last week my local one had little padded video cam bags on sale at about a fiver. They were dusty/grubby and looked like remaindered stock. Time with a warm damp cloth would cure all so I thought I'd come back the next day with my marumi ring flash and sigma 105 lens for a trial fit... back up to full RRP at over a tenner and still dusty/grubby. WOW! I'll keep peeping:naughty:

The big Clips are in the £1 "special" boxes usually on an aisle end and bright yellow. I have seen some smaller ones today to at 2 for a quid.

yeah i'm on a look out for a pop up reflective sunblind for ease of packing and holding up.
I've seen the foldable ones but I dont think they would be as useful

Back