cheapest place for ps

Edit My Images
Yes
hi all
was just wondering where the cheapest place to get this is from:shrug:
when looking at the adobe site its like $800 for cs4.

can cs2 or 3 not be had cheaper?
thanks
ian

I take it you're not on this side of the Atlantic, what with the mention of dollars?

im in the uk.
was just that it popped up on dollars first so just quoted that
thanks
ian

Some questions to ask yourself first.

1. Do I really need Photoshop?

For most people, the full version of Photoshop is overkill. Many would struggle to understand, let alone use all of the features that the software is capable of.

2. If I don't need Photoshop, what else is there?

First and foremost there's Lightroom. All the RAW processing functionality from Photoshop but presented in a more logical manner and designed specifically for photographers. And it even does JPEG too.

3. What if I don't like the sound of Lightroom?

Then there's always Photoshop Elements, Adobe's cut-down version of Photoshop, aimed specifically at the photography market. It's got most of things you do need and hardly any of the things you don't. And as a result it's a lot more affordable than the full version of Photoshop and probably more suitable than Lightroom.

4. What if I don't like the idea of Elements?

Then there's a number of alternatives available to you, most of which are covered in here. Some are free, some aren't. All will do what you need them to do, with varying degrees of capability and ease of use.

5. What if I still want Photoshop?

Then you're going to have to get the plastic out. There's various discounts for the full version of CS4 doing the rounds, but even then it's still a hefty investment.

Back