Cheapest place to buy an XBOX 360

Name
Pat MacInnes
Edit My Images
Yes
My old grey Arcade version has gone the way of the boot so want to get one of the black ones because it'll match the rest of my electronics, and they're supposed to be quieter. Am I right in thinking there's a basic 4GB version and then some that have 100GB+ hard drives? I'd like to think there are some new bargains out there before I have to resort to ebay and then onto the used ones. One thing for me is online gaming and you can never tell with used ones until you get them if they've been chipped.

Anyway, do you guys know of any good bargain at the moment? Doesn't need to be anything fancy in terms of package - all I play these days is COD and a bit of footy and golf (although F1 and Forza 4 look good). My old machine didn't use HDMI (it used the three cables - component is it?) and I was happy with the quality, although moving up to HD might be nice to make use of my telly. Not fussed about Kinnect at the moment.

Game have 4GB consoles at £140 but everything is out of stock. Gamestation are doing the 4GB with Fifa 12 for £160 but no console on its own. They have the black 120GB Elite in as pre-owned for £99, but that's just a black version of what I had by all accounts. I like the idea of the new ones being a bit more slimline and having built-in wireless.

Anyway, thanks in advance :)

Last edited:
HMV had a 4GB 360 with Fifa 12 and Gears of War 3 I believe for around £149 and if you trade both the games in for over £20 each (I understand) you get some cash back.. I had a quick look and couldn't find it (or any bundle) on their website but it might be worth a trip to your local store.

Bit of a Lazarus job for this thread - it's my birthday tomorrow so the other half has said I can have one. The 4GB version is the cheapest but with downloadable content and what-not, I'm thinking a larger hard drive model will be better.

Evereywhere seems to be about the same price - £200 for the 250GB with a game..... I'm not fussed about Kinect at the moment so really just after console and controller.

I take it you get the wireless headset with the new ones and that wi-fi is built in?

Pretty sure Wifi is built in to all the Xboxs now, was just the arcade that didnt, as for the headset im not sure

wireless access is built in, you DO NOT get a wireless headset. you will get a WIRED headset only.

i know this as i bought a new xbox last month.

And you are better just buying new and possibly a 250gb console. 4gb just ain't a anything these days. I'm pretty sure LA Noir takes up most of that. Saving the game to hard drive means the games hardly need to use the disk so the console is a whole lot quieter.

With Xboxes try to buy new rather than per-owned, there are a few issues that regularly crop up on the older ones and you won't know if you've got a duff one until you get it home and try it all out. Even then it could only last a few months.
In terms of value for money the £179 deal at Amazon is pretty good. They do often crop up on deals at Morrisons if you've got one near you. I think they went down to £149 last time.

I would echo the advice to definitely go for more than 4GB. Single games can take up more than that nowadays, Battlefield 3 with assorted DLC's is currently taking up a whopping 14GB of my 60GB HDD. Granted that is massively bigger than any of the other games, but it's a good example of why 4GB simply won't cut it any more ;)

Got a 250gb version in the end from gamestation with MW3 and an F1 game for £210, so not s bad price.

Have been away so will hol it up tonight to see how it is :)

Thanks for all the help guys (y)

Back