Cheapest website? Anyone know?

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

As I'm officially registering as Self Employed, and this is hopefully the year I get more serious about my 'tog work, I guess I need a proper website!

Can anyone recommend a cheap hosting company? Ideally we're talking as little as possible as I'm unlikely to make any profit anyway!

Cheers,
James

cymbiant.co.uk :D

as someone who works in the web hosting industry all ill say is a lot of the time you get what you pay for.

Thanks chaps! Knew you'd come through!

I've gone with Surpass Hosting and registered my domain - woohoo!

Thanks again,
James

Try www.ukhost4u.com

They aren't the cheapest but very reasonable but do offer excellent packages including a high monthly allowance.

Good backend control panel system also with a very easy interface to password protect certain areas of your website.

Thanks chaps! Knew you'd come through!

I've gone with Surpass Hosting and registered my domain - woohoo!

Thanks again,
James

So what's it going to be, Gallery 2, Coppermine, Drupal with a module or something else?

as someone who works in the web hosting industry all ill say is a lot of the time you get what you pay for.

Agreed, stay away from unlimited disk space/bandwidth companies because you're just asking for trouble. If you're running a business, spend the money and get a company with a decent support team. It's not difficult keeping a server running, it's what happens when something goes wrong that you'll notice the difference.

Anyone offering unlimited bandwith is either stupid or lying. bandwidth (or rather data tranfer) is the most expensive part of hosting in the UK which is why many host abroad. we as photographers take up more bandwidth than normal website users so beware of small print :)

Bit late for Moos3h but it's worh remembering that a UK hosted website will appear higher in the Google.co.uk pages than an equivalent USA hosted website, and therefore potentialy more visible to your customers

It may cost slightly more to host in the UK for some reason, but if you get 1 more event that should pay for the difference many times over.

Bit late for Moos3h but it's worh remembering that a UK hosted website will appear higher in the Google.co.uk pages than an equivalent USA hosted website.

Seriously? Can you point to a source for that info... Purely out of interest as I wasn't aware of this..

qiq.co.uk - £20 a year and 10gigs...fast, reliable and rapid response to any (self inflicted!) problems. can't fault them

i've been with surpass hosting for about 4 years now, they are great, good customer support (i had one of their staff on my msn lol), very good value for money and afaik, no downtime in the 4 years. They come highly recommended by me :)

www.koreru.com - States based but very very good service and quite cheap with the dollar too at $4.98 a month

Back