Check out this lad on a guitar!

That is stupendous - I thoroughly enjoyed listening and watching. Good link and TFP :thumb: :clap:

regards

Pah, about 3:41 in, he misses a note...just before his fingers go all spidery.

j/k, that is some awesome playing.

Amazing, I wish I had his talent. :clap:
Tried learning the guitar years ago the only thing I could play was Wish you were here (Pink Floyd).

Sparky said:
for those that may want to have a go. you can get the backing track and the tabs from here...

http://www.jerryc.co.uk/ they are at the bottom of the page.

http://jerryc.tw/ is the original artist, but IMHO the cover version in the first post wipes the floor with it.

It says the tabs are a file with extension of .gp4 do you know what program will open that??

Just googled it. (im no musician. I can just about whistle. :whistle2: )

File extension: .gp4

Guitar Pro 4 Tablature
Description: Guitar tabs format used by Guitar Pro 4, a multitrack guitar composition and accompaniment program; may contain guitar, bass, or banjo tabs
Open With: Windows: Arobas Music Guitar Pro

Thank You, my son is interested in giving it a go!!

Thats one talented lad :eek2:

If he's not already making money with skills like that, i hope he goes on to make a mint.

It's left me feeling somewhat demoralised now though....i've been trying to teach myself how to play with little success, time for spending some cash me thinks :(

:)

Wow that's pretty impressive stuff for a youngin like that. My 13 yr old neice plays electric guitar. ( I should say lessons,lol) She can play a green day tune but nutting like that,lol

jewel :)

Bachs said:
Cocky little basteward :confused:

LOL :laugh1:

Reminds me of Eric Clapton saying he saw some 15 year old kid playing guitar and it made him wonder what he'd been doing all his life. It depressed him so much he never touched his guitar for a couple of weeks. Then he realised that individually what they both did was entirely different.

My son began to wonder if it really was the boy playing and how do we know for sure? :confused-

Not to take anything away from him you understand, but clever things can be done on the internet.

I taught bass for a while and some of the young kids used to zip through the lessons and had played their homework before they got through the door. I'd give them another lot and they'd play that too. Sickening :embarasse

Janice said:
My son began to wonder if it really was the boy playing and how do we know for sure? :confused-

Not to take anything away from him you understand, but clever things can be done on the internet.
i'm sure that will be him, i have friends that can play like that (wish i could). there are loads other people covering it at the site www.jerryc.co.uk

CT said:
LOL :laugh1:

Reminds me of Eric Clapton saying he saw some 15 year old kid playing guitar and it made him wonder what he'd been doing all his life. It depressed him so much he never touched his guitar for a couple of weeks. Then he realised that individually what they both did was entirely different.

Yes, but anyone with enough time on their own in their bedroom ( ;) ) will be able to play like that. To play like Eric does takes actual talent rather than just skill (if you see what I mean). Eric puts more soul and feeling into two notes that that kid (and others of that style) put into their bzillion notes. It's why EC is called slowhand.

Not that I'm knocking the kid in particular its just that there's more to music than playing fast (you hear me Steve Via!!!) :)

SammyC said:
Eric puts more soul and feeling into two notes that that kid (and others of that style) put into their bzillion notes. It's why EC is called slowhand.

The reason Eric Clapton is called Slowhand is because he used to break strings very often with his wild playing and he would go out back to put a new one on and take ages and the audience would give him the slow hand clap.

Him and Mark Knopfler are my favourites :D

Janice said:
The reason Eric Clapton is called Slowhand is because he used to break strings very often with his wild playing and he would go out back to put a new one on and take ages and the audience would give him the slow hand clap.

Him and Mark Knopfler are my favourites :D

I didn't know that! :thumb:

very talented young lad :hissyfit:

Freddy fast fingers ;)

As a non muso myself and having no clue at all about a competent musicians skill level he looked mighty impressive, the sound wasn't too bad either :)

I know we have a few guitar players here, how do you rate yourselves against this wee chappy?

It's not that simple Steve, that clip is technically very good but its just a playback of someone elses work. So it'd be like replicating someone else's photo, pretty easy to do if you have the technical know how but the true talent is in the original which is why most bedroom guitar players never go past the bedroom door.

:)

Still, he looks very young so its not a bad start to be having. Though he'd be better off buying a couple dozen blues albums and playing along but adding his own stuff rather than duplicating.

That makes sense Sammy, see I told you I knew nothing about misicians :D

Steve said:
I know we have a few guitar players here, how do you rate yourselves against this wee chappy?

Technically he is very good...especially for his age.
I agree with Sammys' comments though.

Reading tabs/dots and copying note for note takes a degree of skill and my hat goes off to him.
I couldn't play to that level at his age!

There is a difference between technical skill and 'feel/talent'.
A true musician for me is one that can improvise and feel the music.
I feel I was a musician before I learned my first instrument.
The instruments were just a means to an end and an extension of my minds' ear.

I was also eager to take my music to an audience and feed off them.
That was the buzz for me.

I haven't picked my bass up in 3 years...bedroom playing is a bit like taking pictures of ornaments in the house and keeping them on the CF card :p

Back