Checking what's been downloaded on your PC

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Is there any way you can check what's recently been downloaded onto your PC at all?

I check my storage most days and today I noticed I've lost 6GB of space but haven't had a Windows update or downloaded anything. The only change is I have the new 2020 Photoshop update sitting in my Creative Cloud window but it's not been downloaded yet.

It's probably a bit obvious but have you tried deleting cookies, redundant temporary files, etc.? I regularly use CCleaner to keep my storage space in trim.

Also, have you done any video editing recently? I found Adobe Premier Elements was storing copies of video files on my SD drive and not deleting them once I'd closed the programme down. I only noticed this when I started running out of disk space and tracked down where all the GB of files were! I had to manually delete them to get the storage space back, so I now do this as soon as I've finished each video, and have written down how to get to the right folder so I can find it again!

Last edited:
run disk clean up, built in to windows
ask it to clean up system files
see what it says you have in old install files etc

Most strange. When I checked the storage again this morning, the 6GB was back.

None of the other other figures had changed size such as Photos, Apps and Features, Temporary Files etc. Just the total back up to where it was yesterday.

Last edited:
Back