Cheeky postman

Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
I had a day at home today.
At 1pm my post dropped through the door.
I picked it up and there was a note saying we tried to deliver a parcel but no one was in.
I opened the door and my postman was walking up the street rather quickly.
So I called him back and asked why he did not knock on the door and I would gladly take the parcel of him now.
He sort of mumbled went red took the note and said he would sort it out.
He came back 2 hours later with the parcel and a apology :).

And they want more money :D

I assume that it was the RC?

I posted a parcel to Fallowfield on 27th September....1st class recorded.....still hasn't arrived.

Do you think someone in the Manchester sorting office collects Canon gear?

Bob

Hmmm! sounds a tad susupicious to me, you never know, he may have been planning for your parcel to go AWOL,
or he may have just been being a lazy git... either way not good!
Could be worse ... you could have a pervy postie ... like mine! :shake:

probably more likely he left the parcel at the sorting office as he was overloaded and hoped that no one would be in so they;d have to collect it anyway and no one would notice, unfortunately (for him) you caught him!

probably more likely he left the parcel at the sorting office as he was overloaded and hoped that no one would be in so they;d have to collect it anyway and no one would notice, unfortunately (for him) you caught him!

I'm pretty certain that this parcel was an RC-1N that I sent to Staggerlee yesterday 1st class recorded. An RC-1N weighs about 40 grams and is the size of a large wasp!

The posty may be a lot of things but overloaded he wasn't.

Bob

haha nice one.. my postie keeps giving some of my mail to the nieghbours but not the ones next door.. the ones across the street and in the next cul-de-sac

I had a day at home today.
At 1pm my post dropped through the door.
I picked it up and there was a note saying we tried to deliver a parcel but no one was in.
I opened the door and my postman was walking up the street rather quickly.
So I called him back and asked why he did not knock on the door and I would gladly take the parcel of him now.
He sort of mumbled went red took the note and said he would sort it out.
He came back 2 hours later with the parcel and a apology :).

And they want more money :D

I thought it was just me that it happened to :bang:

In the 6 weeks prior to going away [ie, pre-strike], I had 8 parcels delivered, ranging from a Next catalogue through several tubes from Photobox to the tripod from Doug and other miscellaneous stuff.

2 items - heavy, delivered at 7am, by a postman in a van who knocked and stuck a card through at same time - luckily we have Terriers...they woke us up in time on both occasions in time to catch him before he started his van and scarpoered back to the post office :cautious:

4 parcels - no knock, despite us being home, obvious by the TWO cars on the drive in the middle of the day and several open windows - just left on the doorstep [one of them some prints in a flat clearly marked packet and one of them a pack of business cards], in the rain on three of those occasions!! :bang:

2 parcels - card stuck through with normal post, opened door to call him back - "oh, its from the other day, I didnt have any cards" - this was TWICE, with two different postmen and 'the other day' we were also home! :razz::razz:

....AND THEY WANT MORE PAY?? No wonder the bosses actuaklly want them to do what they are already paid for!!

EDIT: I should also add that we live equi-distance from 2 sorting offices [less than a mile for each] - one of which is staffed by friendly staff and open every day til late, often 7pm, and even opens for a few hours on sunday. The other opens at 9 and shuts at 12 daily for collections, with no openings at weekends.....no prizes for guessing which one serves us GGGGRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I'm pretty certain that this parcel was an RC-1N that I sent to Staggerlee yesterday 1st class recorded. An RC-1N weighs about 40 grams and is the size of a large wasp!

The posty may be a lot of things but overloaded he wasn't.

Bob

It was the parcel you sent.:D

I have a sign taped to the inside of the glass in the front door clearly saying if the door is not answered when delivering parcels to take it to a specific neighbour. It's suprising how often the sign gets ignored.

Its a joke, but its not like you can choose another mail company to do the job instead, so we are stuck with them :shake: They are threatening to strike every week until Christmas until they get what they want! :bang:

Wish I could go on strike if I don't get my own way

Just got back from my sorting office to collect a special delivery parcel that i missed yesterday.

I give him my card, show my ID and off he dissapears into the back. He re-appears with TWO parcels, and says " You're in luck, they've just dropped this other one back in, they tried to delivery it this morning". :thinking:

"Well the wife was in, and so was i until ten minutes ago when i set off here."

he didn't have an answer, and it was obvious what was going on.

my postman's actually a nice bloke.....shame that can't be said for parcel farce!

same with the guys that read your meter, they shove the card through the door saying no one was home...how would they know if they didn't knock?

The advantage of living in a relatively small place I suppose, I can't remember ever having a problem with the post, regular or parcel. My postie/s will often push a package inside the dog flap at the back door if I'm not in, sometimes they'll even do it with a signed for after signing themselves.

Canon Bob you never ever send photographic gear by first class post, use RMSD so it's insured against loss or damage.

To everyone saying typical greedy posties on strike, remember they are striking to get what management promised them and then renaged on, if someone makes me a promise and doesn't keep it I think I would have the right to be upset about it.

Canon Bob you never ever send photographic gear by first class post, use RMSD so it's insured against loss or damage.

The one to Staggerlee was an RC-1 which I sold for 6 quid inc P&P and Paypal......posted 1st class recorded. RMSD would have been overkill for that.

The missing one was a manual and some filters given away as a freebee to someone to help them get started...again, not worth paying for heavy insurance but sent 1st class recorded to ensure a signature was obtained. I have the receipt and the PO agree that it's not been delivered but can't say where it is....3 weeks after it was posted.

Anything with real value is always sent RMSD.

Bob

:cautious: dodgy postie or lazy!

I have just ordered a 15kg bag of rabbit food to be posted! :p

:

I have just ordered a 15kg bag of rabbit food to be posted! :p

Hope you have a big letter box!!!
Or you might have a thinker!! they might open the bag of food , pour that through the letter box then post the bag!!

they might open the bag of food , pour that through the letter box then post the bag!!
Well that one would be on par with the postie who tried to deliver some work files to son while I was on holiday,.
He decided against putting them in the porchway as most postie's do ... and thought they would be safer ... IN THE DUSTBIN!!! :eek:
No I kid you not!
My son & his girlfriend went to pub from work, came home with Chinese food and proceeded to throw the greasy foil containers into the bin ... was two days before he spotted the note that had been pushed through the door amongst the junk mail telling him his parcel was in the bin!:bat:

I think i've only actually once managed to catch the postman when he calls, no idea if he actually knocks but i've yet to hear him...

I always find myself going to the sorting office, thankfully they open 9~5.30 6 days a week so its not too hard to get the parcels. I normally factor in the time it'll take me to get to the sorting office and pickup the parcel.

Our regular postman is actually very good, always punctual - roughly arrives at about 11.30 now, can't say the same for his replacements when he's on holiday though - or the parcel force, or other delivery companies. I've had them knock on the door and walk off within a second or two - not giving anyone the chance to get up from the chair and walk through to the door.

My postman is a really nice guy (a photographer too) & he knocks & wait at least a full minute before legging it off. When I answer the door he always asks if he's woken me up so he's obviously factoring in the time it'd take for me to get up. Top bloke.

Me and the wife are always at work when the postie calls, and because im a mail order junkie, they don't even bother asking for ID at the post office any more. Cant say i have ever had a problem with my posties (there are about three of them do my area).

As for them striking i think it will do them more harm than good, shame really.

One time i heard the doorbell, got downstairs, then realised there was no key to the door. Went to the kitchen, knocked on the window, and he was walking away to his van...these postmen are so lazy..

Luckily our sorting office is open at least 5 days a week from 10ish to 5ish. But why does it take 6 hours from a mis-delivery to getting it back to the sorting office?? :bang:

Hope you have a big letter box!!!
Or you might have a thinker!! they might open the bag of food , pour that through the letter box then post the bag!!

Big bag of food arrived this morning! by courier rather than post! Luckily I was home, If it had been poured throught the letter box I would have had trouble opening the door.

......plan: get rabbits in to eat their way to front door! then order more food and start again! :bonk: Fat but happy bunnies! :LOL:

apparently before the next strike
they're gonna have a postal vote :thinking:

:LOL:

My piccie arrived this morning from Photobox, thanks to RM ... too late for the competition I ordered it for! :crying:
My postie asked if he could see the pic ... seems he enjoys photography too ... I oh so nearly told him about TPF ... then I remembered Id called him pervy postie on here! :cautious: :LOL:

our local depot is only open till 2.30pm...good eh? its just lucky i work shifts, although when working until 2.15 i have to sneak off early

Back