Cheeky request

Name
claire
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm hoping some lovely person from here might be able to help us out. We are getting married in Kenya in a few weeks just the 2 of us and then have a reception in Tuscany for Claudio's family and then another here for my family.

My soon to be mother in law is organising favours for the Tuscany reception and has asked if we could get a non-wedding photograph of the two of us to use as part of the favours.

We don't know anyone who can take a 'proper' photograph and were wondering if there was someone local(ish) who might be interested in helping us out. We'd be more than happy to pose for pictures that the tog wanted to use for other purposes if required (neither of us are models but there are pictures of us both in various threads on here if someone wants to check us out) and we only need the electronic copy of 1 picture.

I am not sure what else we can offer in return but we are willing to travel as far as edinburgh or dundee (based in Fife) and are up for almost anything so might be able to fit into a project or portfolio for anyone requiring models.

You want free photographs from a non-wedding photographer? Be prepared to don your hardhat.

I would like 1 free image on a TF basis, not a wedding tog, just someone who can use a DSLR, has a good eye for a picture, knows how to make the best of their subjects and hopefully is in need of a couple of willing but inexperienced models.

If it's a problem we will set to it with our tripod just thought seeing as it was for a keepsake we should try to get a good image.

I can't see a single thing wrong with this request :shrug:

There is nothing 'wrong' in an amateur, but skilled photographer doing a favour for someone for free, the photographer will get to practice their craft on two willing models and the couple will get a good image for their purpose. Everybody wins.

Seriously, it isn't law that every time someone poses in front of a camera money has to change hands.

I'd gladly help you out but unfortunately you're too far away, sorry.

I never said there was anything wrong with it. I just know how these forums work. ;)

Thank you both, I was wary of asking but TBH I'd jump at a similar opportunity so thought it was worth a shot.

I would offer if it wasn't for the fact that I have a 4 week old baby, i'm only 1 mile outside the Fife boundary. When do you want it done and what sort of thing are you looking for (outdoor etc) I think I know someone who might be able to help out.

I could maybe do it in August but at the moment can't really be away from my little guy.

your dslr, your tripod - set delay on camera, pose, get photo - simples :D

I would love to do this for you- Im way down in Somerset- hope you get this sorted

Les (y)

Hi Julie we don't really have any ideas except maybe outdoors. I am being deliberately vague in the hope we can maybe help someone achieve something as well as it being a favour for us

If this thread is likely to cause any fuss I'd be happy for it to be removed before any bad feeling arises. I have enough disputes surrounding the wedding to deal with

Hi Julie we don't really have any ideas except maybe outdoors. I am being deliberately vague in the hope we can maybe help someone achieve something as well as it being a favour for us

If this thread is likely to cause any fuss I'd be happy for it to be removed before any bad feeling arises. I have enough disputes surrounding the wedding to deal with

Wish I could've helped but just can't see me getting a chance right now and the girl I thought might have been interested is ill with a cold just now. I've had a look at your flickr, if you're out doing any landscape stuff after the wedding and want some company then give me a shout.

Will do Julie hopefully the weather will be nicer too.

Oh well we are in no major panic yet we have till end of august and there is always the tripod as a last resort

Claire have a look on pure storm forum or look to join to post a message, there maybe be someone to do a TFP shoot, you could be lucky and get someone to do a trash the dress shoot also.

Offer to cover the trip to Tuscany and I am sure you will be inundated.;)

Happy hunting.

Hi Claire.

I would love to help, I am based on the West Coast of Scotland (Loch Lomond Side) if that is not too far? :D

Hi Laura, unfortunately we are running out of weekends before the wedding so your a bit too far away but thank you very much x

Back