Critique Chelmsford Swans

I do like the crop on this the letter box crop really keeps attention on the family of swans, there is also a small story all in the picture you've the bold adventurer out in front, then you've the ones sticking close to mum finally you've the one that is sulking dragging his feet, kids hey :LOL:

There is however a couple of issues for me, the focus looks ever so slightly on the soft side I cannot really see any of the swans that are truly crisp in focus, also it's a little over exposed, you've really blown out all the details in the adult, ideally you need to reduce your exposure, to retain the details of the feathers otherwise it as you've got here the body of the swan becomes more a white blob :(

Personally I'd dial in a touch of under exposure bias and then if needed I'd pull out a little more detail in the surroundings in processing..

From an aesthetically point of view you'll get a much more appealing image if you can shoot from a position at the same level as the subject your shooting, rather than a standing above them angle like you've got here, obviously sometimes that's just not possible

Matt

Thanks for your comment, it was taken on my compact camera when I was walking past the river.:giggle:

Thanks for your comment, it was taken on my compact camera when I was walking past the river.:giggle:

Well it's better than I've ever done out a compact, honestly I hate it when someone asks me to take a photo on their PAS and I'm left there looking dumbfounded as I try and work out how to make the damn thing work :LOL:

I like it especially the panorama crop and the reflections. Well done.

Back