Chelsea - Sixties

bbb

Name
Nick Grant
Edit My Images
No
Been a while since I've worked with any models but I got a chance to do a shoot Saturday in London. Models name is Chelsea and we wanted to do a 60s shoot, I think they look very Jackie Kennedy kind of time frame. Let me know what you think.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

009.jpg

015.jpg

Did she have a vespa?

Nice set.

Realy cool set! Love the border did you make that or was it a freebie from a mag? im sure i seen it before might be dreaming ***.

I love this set. The border really finish them off nicely!! Beautifully done.

Nice work - all of them have a real 60's feel and the model is lovely.

Not that I am old enough to remember the 60's...well not all of them.

They really are great.. youve portrayed what you wanted very well.

.....although from the title I thought we were in for a taste of a certain football team in short shorts!!! :D

Did she have a vespa?

Thats a lambretta girl :) Nice set did have me reminisceing a bit.
Did have a thing for twiggy in those days :)

While i like the photos, and think the model is great, she really pulls off the 60's feel, I think the processing has let these down a bit. The first two are great, but theres a few that have a far too modern feel about them, which clashes with the 60's fibe imo. As mad as it sounds, i would of shot these at an iso where grain was noticeable but not overpowering, and also bumped up the contrast in processing.

No.5 looks a lot better when mirrored, but could do with a bit more space infront of the face.

Again it may sound odd, but i don't think the photos where she is smiling are as good as the others, 60's where a very sexy and seductive time, and think the photos where she isn't smiling portrays this better. It might be because they are headshots and without the rest of the outfit in shot, i don't really get that 60's feel off them.

I wasn't going to bother posting this as of course its all subjective, you may agree, you may not, but thought i might aswell give my views! Its a good set regardless though (y)

Hey I'm always happy to get constructive criticism. I did deliberately shoot at ISO 1000 to get some grain in there, you can see it more at full size, the 5D does a good job of clearing it up though LOL.

Have a look at these shots of Jean Shrimpton though and you will see they had some sharp lenses and and fine grain film back then though :)

65490.jpg

65484.jpg

jeanshrimpton.jpg

There's more of the set here, where we tried some other outfits but they weren't quite as successful:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/grantgb/sets/72157608194006356/

No Vespa Jaco, though it would have been cool. But a 1961 Lincoln Continental would have been better :) No footballers either Janice, not my bag :D

BTW I'm not old enough to remember the 60s either, just!

Back