Chernobyl and Pripyat (pic heavy)

Thanks!

It has always been guided tours - more a bloke that works there showing you the goodies, rather than a museum tour, we had free run of the buildings until we moved to the next location. Being caught within the exclusion zone without permission and a guide leads to all sorts of fines, imprisonments and a whole lot of trouble...

At least with radiation, you can easily detect it, so you know where it is and how much you have been exposed to. Unlike most of the OI! we unwittingly breath, eat and swallow daily.

Hope you don't mind, have just added you as a contact on Flickr. Fantastic an very interesting set of photos !!!

I'm going there next summer while my holiday in Poland.
Love the pictures.

Hi Nick. Quite an adventure, some nice pics. I came across this site I'm not sure if its one I found some years ago, but there is a lot of info there.

Great pics, what a place to go shoot.

Ok so what is the deal, fly to Kiev then head there and get a tour? What sort of costs are involed? Would like to price it up and add to my 'to do' list.

Hi Nick. Quite an adventure, some nice pics. I came across this site I'm not sure if its one I found some years ago, but there is a lot of info there.

It was a brilliant trip, I already want to go back and see more! When I am home from work, I will have a look at that link, thanks!

Great pics, what a place to go shoot.

Ok so what is the deal, fly to Kiev then head there and get a tour? What sort of costs are involed? Would like to price it up and add to my 'to do' list.

Thanks! That is the jist of it, there are a number of tour operators. Beware though, they plan to close the zone next summer when they are constructing the new sarcophagus, but it cost me about £400 all in!

Nick, can you please let me know (here or by PM) how did you planned your trip, how to find tour guide ect...
I would love to shoot there...

Thanks!

Great photos!

Great photos :)

Would love to go there.

Call of duty got the levels spot on by the looks of it!

Only just seen these.
Incredible shots, very well done :clap:

I'd absolutely LOVE to go there...........

Great photos. Would give my right arm for a visit there!

Some scenes for a certain computer game a lot of us will know fairly well are all present and correct!

Thanks for the write up. I've always wanted to visit Pripyat and get some funny looks when I mention this to people!

I recognise parts of it from Call of Duty 3, which has an excellent level set in Pripyat. I'd love to go.

Back