Chester Zoo Big Cats

Number one for me is an absolute stunner. It looks like he is stalking the viewer about to pounce. I would not be suprised to see an image like this in a magazine.

Superb and just what is needed to make a photo stand out these days with soooooo many animal portrait shots (of which I am guilty as much as most) out there.

I will try to remember this next time I am zooing it.

Cracking set Mike, but #2 is the winner.(y)

As usual moomike, nothing but the best. Especially No.2. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:clap:

well done mate no2 for me to

great shots - out of interest how did you get the tiger shot without the bars showing & the jaguar shots without that 2inch thick scratched perspex - are you a friend of one of the keepers ??

simon

Hi Mike,
Glad your putting that new lens to good use. Think I'll have worked enough OT to get my biggy in a couple of weeks. I've just sorted a years membership at Chester Zoo, we'll have to give it a visit some time..

Almost forgot, great shots..

Cheers Trev, will definately have to meet up, not far from either of us anyway so just give me a shout (y) You'll have to hire one of the chairs to carry that lens around though :LOL:

great shots - out of interest how did you get the tiger shot without the bars showing & the jaguar shots without that 2inch thick scratched perspex - are you a friend of one of the keepers ?? simon

Cheers for the comment Simon.
I managed to pick a really good place to shoot from for the tiger shots (far left corner), used a high aperture & focused straight through the link fence - I normally find that this is enough to remove any evidence of the bars.
I WISH I knew someone that worked with the jaguars!! The shots were taken outside by the waterfall & there is no mucky perspex to ruin the shots (although I have seen a few shots on here that were excellent taken inside) - as Paul (Oldgit) said before, its just about the timing & luck. (y)

Jaguar001.jpg

Not sure if it's been mentioned elswhere, but ...

Just looking thru Digital Camera magazine, and what do I see on page 88?
Congratz on getting your picture published :clap:

Congratz on getting your picture published mate:clap:

Didn't see this firsrt time round - don't think I had joined then - but glad it has been resrrected as that first shot is absolutely superb. The second shot is technically great as well but the cat half hiding behind the bush is a brilliant capture and makes it so much more than a nice shot of a cat.

Back