[Chester Zoo] - Darksaber

Edit My Images
Yes
I've run a couple of photos through very minor PP and I've uploaded them, will do some more work with them tomorrow once I've got my head around RAW and things like that. Took 430 pictures, kept 220, I don't think thats too bad going really.

Thanks to everyone for coming and thank you for looking at these shots :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Love the Marmot shot :)

You seem to have got to grips with the 100-400

glad to see you got a shot of DF, though i cant see his camera in #'2

glad to see you got a shot of DF, though i cant see his camera in #'2

LOL, I was wondering how long it'd be before someone made comparisons between the animals and the photogs :LOL:

Nice shots Darksaber, and I find I always have to sharpen my RAW shots.

Sounds like you all had a great day :clap:

LOL, I was wondering how long it'd be before someone made comparisons between the animals and the photogs :LOL:

Nice shots Darksaber, and I find I always have to sharpen my RAW shots.

Sounds like you all had a great day :clap:

Wait until the real shots of the photogs start appearing ! ;) and then watch the recriminations ! ;) so be warned all you snap happy chappies ;) LOL

Crackers mate, you've done yourself justice with that lens :)

There is no such thing as a cracking shot of DF, I would ask you in the strongest possible terms not to publish images of me on open forums.

The breakdown of the forum members computer hardware will result through those actions

Wait until the real shots of the photogs start appearing ! ;) and then watch the recriminations ! ;) so be warned all you snap happy chappies ;) LOL

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

p.s. I luuuuurve this smiley :popcorn: :)

There is no such thing as a cracking shot of DF, I would ask you in the strongest possible terms not to publish images of me on open forums.

The breakdown of the forum members computer hardware will result through those actions

and user titles may change...:naughty:

I've shot in RAW+JPG but never did anything with the RAW files, this is my first shoot in RAW only.

1 and 2 both look a touch front focused to me. Are you just using the center focus point or multi?

And I would not hesitate to use my 100-400 wide open all the time btw.

I haven't tried to manually select Focus Pojnts yet, I was just trying to get the ones I wanted to light up red ;)

It is?

some wonderful shots Matt...really love the first one :)

Yup, as you know RAW is basically a copy of what the camera sees, nothing else, as opposed to JPEG, which is 'processed' in camera.

Well, that processing includes sharpening too :)

(Im STILL getting my head round RAW..lol)

Nice work and a big improvement evident.

A crop here or there will help elevate a couple of images :)

Diego.

The contrast is too dark on some of them, thats me and my RAW processing ;)

I love the lion ones though.

The lions are a great improvement. I have to say my favorite now is the 6th one (the lone chimp). I think the picture and the PP is spot on.

Back