Chester Zoo with new lens

Name
Tracey
Edit My Images
Yes
Took a trip to Chester Zoo on Saturday to try out my new lens - Sigma 70-200 f/2.8. Really enjoyed the day and using the new lens (although my back ached with the extra weight!). Was lucky enough to see all three tiger cubs at play.

I'd appreciate your thoughts on how I got on with it, many thanks

IMG_1261 - Copy by mortonstalker, on Flickr

IMG_1387 - Copy by mortonstalker, on Flickr

IMG_1397 - Copy by mortonstalker, on Flickr

IMG_1425 - Copy by mortonstalker, on Flickr

IMG_1517 - Copy by mortonstalker, on Flickr

And these with my kit lens

IMG_1196 - Copy by mortonstalker, on Flickr

IMG_1205 - Copy by mortonstalker, on Flickr

nice set nice one of the cubs playing:)
I hope you don't mind me saying that you have missed the focus point on the Jaguar and the Tiger cub coming towards you they are focussed further back not on the face, it is really difficult to get shots of them moving though
I normally set the camera focus to servo mode and try to keep the focus point on the face

nice set nice one of the cubs playing:)
I hope you don't mind me saying that you have missed the focus point on the Jaguar and the Tiger cub coming towards you they are focussed further back not on the face, it is really difficult to get shots of them moving though
I normally set the camera focus to servo mode and try to keep the focus point on the face

No I don't mind at all Pete, thank you. I did have the lens set on servo mode as I mainly shoot rugby so its usually set to that anyway. To be honest I loved the one of the tiger cub, was one of my favourites, but at the same time, something wasn't quite right, I can now see what you are saying. I think I probably rushed to compose the shot as the cub suddenly appeared to the right of me, with the jaguar, no other excuse other than he was moving towards me.

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

No I don't mind at all Pete, thank you. I did have the lens set on servo mode as I mainly shoot rugby so its usually set to that anyway. To be honest I loved the one of the tiger cub, was one of my favourites, but at the same time, something wasn't quite right, I can now see what you are saying. I think I probably rushed to compose the shot as the cub suddenly appeared to the right of me, with the jaguar, no other excuse other than he was moving towards me.

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

No worries :)
It is tricky when they are moving especially when the light is low, I miss lots:D
if the light is too low to get a high enough shutter speed I wait till they stop moving but often they don't
Really like the last jaguar portrait well caught

Back