Critique Chesterfield at Night (from Hornsbridge)

Name
Mat
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok, so some more night time practicing for me. I'll post some pictures first, and then my comments/questions after

[1]
14116840990_7dd3ab6a66_o.jpg

[2]
14280334876_00b718418c_o.jpg

[3]
14116841410_3ba0c73342_o.jpg

[4]
14116927787_d10fa1d5cc_o.jpg

So, a few questions

Quiet obvious in pictures 1 and 3, there is some noise (I think) around the street lamps. How is this avoided?
Picture 1, there are a couple of glares around the head of the lamp post (the one to the left of the closest one). Looking at other images, this lamp post is on, but facing away from the camera. Is this what has caused this "glare"?

Other than that, I am still learning, and any feedback would be great. I would love to have much crisper images.

Also, any advise on post processing would be awesome. I have edited these in Photoshop. I have Lightroom, but struggled to use the controls (photoshop's sliders feel easier).

Thanks in advance,

Mat

EDIT: Just realised I forgot to check if they are level (signs of someone just "getting into" photography I guess)

Last edited:
To get really good night shots you need to be shooting within 1 hour of the sun going down, if not earlier. What your after is nicely lit up buildings against a dark blue twilight sky. If you look at the photos you've linked to there is still some light and colour left in the sky, and you can still see the outline of the buildings.

Back