Chesterton Windmill in Yellow

Name
Stu
Edit My Images
No
Been a few times up here of late with the rapeseed crop in the foreground, the following two are my favourites of the bunch with a bonus 'always look behind you when shooting' shot!

The Mill on the Hill III
by Stu Meech, on Flickr

The Mill on the Hill II
by Stu Meech, on Flickr

STU_0283.jpg

lovely - a place i stop off at regularly on my trips up and down the motorway. No3 jusststt edges it for me

Love 3 Stu, but especially the movement in the rape of number 1 contrasting with the static windmill and the darkness of the sky contrasting the brightness of the rape in number 3.

They're crackers.
That's not too far from me. Looking at google maps, where can you park? Are you allowed to just leave your car on the grass verges in the nearby roads?

They're crackers.
That's not too far from me. Looking at google maps, where can you park? Are you allowed to just leave your car on the grass verges in the nearby roads?
Thanks!

In 3, if you follow the path of the rapeseed I was stood in, the road cuts left to right and there is two gravel lay-bys you can park on there!

Ah great thanks. I'd driven the little man too far up the road and hadn't spun the view round to spot the lay-bys!

The first shot. ..with the lovely sky from the second.
:)
Beautiful location.

How did you manage to get it without people? We dropped by there yesterday (first time) and it was surrounded by togs with tripods plus a guy with a quadcopter. It's about 45min drive away and I'll have to go back at 5am.

How did you manage to get it without people? We dropped by there yesterday (first time) and it was surrounded by togs with tripods plus a guy with a quadcopter. It's about 45min drive away and I'll have to go back at 5am.
I went quite a few times, one of the times I went there was 7-8 people there easily!! These ones came from other trips, 1&3 had one other chap there and 2 I was all on my own.

I only live 15 mins away so I can keep going back if I need too.

Nice Stuff Stu No2 then 3 for me mate
It must be good to have such a great landmark on your doorstep! Great contrasting colours in No2 Love that blue sky against the yellow!
The subtle colours in No3 Nice! Great Light(y)

Good pics. You can always spot someone who's been photographing the oilseed rape flowers by the yellow smudges on their trousers.

Back