Chevy V8

Name
Rick
Edit My Images
No
A friend went to pick up his newly acquired Chevy V8 hot rod the other day so I tagged along to take some pictures.

It's one that has the distressed (rust bucket) kind of look but it actually rock solid. It used to be raced I believe by the previous owner so has no frills, like carpets, sound proofing etc so made for a noisy ride home apparently, and the heat from the engine and exhausts was coming right in throgh the bulkhead too!

I wanted to ty and make the photos look a bit old so tried some black and white and stuf as I was trying to get my head around lightroom.

Anyway - have a look and let me know what you think.

9591897415_661b0fe963_c.jpg

9591898253_c4a4218aa7_c.jpg

9594683456_2b824364ef_c.jpg

9591879377_49dbcb0017_c.jpg

Wow, that's great truck.
Maybe the engine photo could be all colour and shiny?
I like Number1 and 4, the truck itself. That hood is beautiful.

no 4 leaps out at me
the open road and the smell of gasoline
good old rod that and i like 4 the best...
is it around 1950'ish
the engine looks well worked on

cheers
geof

Thanks chaps. The engine isn't quite a polished one, I think it looks better in black and white. He did have a nice highly polished supercharged motor (around 1000hp apparently) in his man race car - awesome.

Apparently it's a 1953 Geoff. It's a beauty and has a nice rooooooaaaaaarrrr!! :) That picture was it's first crossing of the Tamar on it's way to it's new home in Cornwall.

This is a black and white of the main racer engine

9591895327_62cc89a06b_c.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks chaps. The engine isn't quite a polished one, I think it looks better in black and white. He did have a nice highly polished supercharged motor (around 1000hp apparently) in his man race car - awesome.

Apparently it's a 1953 Geoff. It's a beauty and has a nice rooooooaaaaaarrrr!! :) That picture was it's first crossing of the Tamar on it's way to it's new home in Cornwall.

This is a black and white of the main racer engine

9591895327_62cc89a06b_c.jpg

4 barrell hollies?

i remember when i lived in new jersey 1950's lots of the high school guys had hot rods..special exhaust systems and all sorts of engine and bodywork changes.

that lump really looks like its a world record breaker

cheers
geof

Back