weekly Chickendipas Comeback 2015 Photo52! Week 3 - Scenic Added

Hi Alex :wave:
Bliss, oh I do love a good puzzle. All mine are currently in storage. I like the bokeh in number one, but whatever is looping through the top distracts me a little, I would maybe try a square crop? I like the focus on the second one and the candlelight.

Fragile, the first image for me. The high contrast B&W conversion really helps exaggerate the the detail around the break in the tree. The tree is mostly silhouetted in the full size images losing the detail around the split and therefore the link to the theme.

Good luck for the rest of the year, I hope work doesn't get in the way for you.

Thanks for stopping by! Will have a play with the crop and see what I get. Its more Christmas tree decorations :)

I keep changing my mind about the tree, thanks for the comments. Will see which grows on me over the coming weeks. Least I got one!

Ireland this week, unfortunately cant take the big camera but might be able to get a scenic shot somewhere along the way.

Hi Alex... sorry I have dropped in / commented on your thread!

Re: Bliss...

Hi Alex - both nice for me. Like the bokeh in the first and like the second too! :)

Same here! Probably leaning towards the second but both are good images.

For fragile, I prefer the first, close crop shot. It works well for me and your processing brings out the broken look very well. The "instagram" processing on #2 isn't something I'm a massive fan of, but I think these things are always worth a bit of a play and given the grey sky I can completely understand why you've gone for that.

Looking forward to your next shot!

Thanks Peter and Paul.

Like having a play sometimes with the effects you can get, does give a different feel to some shots.

Still undecided as to which one I like. Change my mind daily but least I have a choice. Better than none.

So this week I am playing a this is one from the phone week as work + getting house ready for viewings has not allowed me to get out and about. So I took this on the field last weekend, when walking the dogs.

Sun up at Seckar (Scenic if nothing else pops up) by ChickenDipa, on Flickr

Scenic - fits the theme not overly keen on the blown area in the sky where the sun is, looks a bit dark on the rhs of the image. I would like to have seen that a bit lighter, would be nice if there was something of interest in the field. That said its another theme done and you can look forward to this weeks theme.

Scenic - fits the theme not overly keen on the blown area in the sky where the sun is, looks a bit dark on the rhs of the image. I would like to have seen that a bit lighter, would be nice if there was something of interest in the field. That said its another theme done and you can look forward to this weeks theme.

Thanks, I put an effect on it. Might have to try another one and see if it compares better. Silly dogs where my only option for subjects.. :)

I quite like the ray's Alex, but as Mandy said,
I think it'd be better if the centre wasn't quite so blown, and there was something in the field too.
Scenic it is though :)

Hi Alex... no issues for me with the blown sky as you only had control of certain things with a camera phone. I think you've got some lovely light on the grass and perhaps with a step or two closer to the puddle, you'd have a focal point as well.

Good capture for a camera phone and a great starting point if you wanted to experiment a bit with different positions etc. Decent light is the hardest bit of photography and you've nailed that IMO :)

Thanks guys! It was a bit of a rush job the scenic one. Got some catching up to. But on the plus side we sold our house and think we have found one to buy. Getting that time back from travelling the m62 is in sight!

Back