Chiddingfold church ... on Judgement Day!?

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes

OK, maybe it's just a nice sunset and not the fiery firmament :giggle: . Still, quite daramatic nonetheless.

Interesting fact about this idyllic village in rural Surrey - '70s punk band, "The Stranglers", lived in a house on the very same road as this church, in their formative years. Fleetwood Mac have connections to this place, too.

Everyone has to come from somewhere, I guess ;) !?

Last edited:

OK, maybe it's just a nice sunset and not the fiery firmament :giggle: . Still, quite daramatic nonetheless.

Interesting fact about this idyllic village in rural Surrey - '70s punk band, "The Stranglers", lived in a house on the very same road as this church, in their formative years. Fleetwood Mac have connections to this place, too.

Everyone has to come from somewhere, I guess ;) !?
Great shot, my favourite village and where I want to retire to.

I have to ask- If the sunset is behind the Church as it obviously is, Then what is lighting the front ????

Les

Great shot, my favourite village and where I want to retire to.

Yeah, me too :giggle: . I'll never be able to afford it though.

I have to ask- If the sunset is behind the Church as it obviously is, Then what is lighting the front ????

Les

Good question, Les. It's not a bank of Nikon Speedlights ;) - it's a (halogen?) floodlight mounted at the base of the church wall, illuminating the front of the building.

It's almost as if God wanted me to photograph it :giggle: .

Back