Child Shambles ********s! (C.S.A)

Edit My Images
No
Okay folks what are your views on this... Mine:

I just wish they would give you a straight answer or even ring you back!!!

We have been waiting for over 14 months for a date for when my wifes Ex is supposed to start paying her some money for her daughter - he has not paid a red scent in almost 5 years... everytime we get close to getting some money he plays silly buggers - last trick was to give up his well paid job! The CSA has powers but they never bloody use them - instead people like me have to go through a solicitor which is just too dammed expensive!:razz:

The Governments new idea of name and shame - yeah that is going to help.... her Ex is very proud that he has not paid!!! His attitude is that it is my sole responsibility... F$£*ing T%&t :razz: :razz: :razz: :thumbsdown: what an attitude for a Father eh?:bang: :thinking: I work very hard to make sure our kids get what they need but it is the things they would like that are the hard things to provide!

Lets hear your views and experiences on absent parents and the child shambles.....

Judging by the equipment in your kit list i'd say you didnt need the money ;)

Note: This is NOT a dig a single parents or Fathers/Mothers who do provided etc etc but at the CSA who let these absent parents get away with everything and anything!!!! A Child is for life..... and so is the financial responsibility that goes with him/her!

Unless he's a pro-photog, in which case he either doesn't own it or doesn't earn much and pays lots to the finance companies...

Every situation is different so it's really hard to comment on without knowing the details of course. Five years without paying anything though? That's ridiculous. Over here they garnish your wages, flag your drivers liscence, take the house, whatever the means to make you pay the child support that you owe. If you don't pay anything up until it goes to court then it's all retroactive from the day they split anyways. So how does that happen over there?

Another comment and no offence but it's between your wife and her ex. It doesn't involve you and 'you' shouldnt' be waiting for any kind of payment anyways.

Jewel

My daughter has two children ... they do not receive any regular contributions from their father ... never have and I doubt ever will ... :shrug:

CSA ... :razz: ... toothless tossers ... imo !

:p

There is always one:razz:

Before I got married I worked away and saved my money but every year the kids get older and things go up - I work very hard so why shouldn't I have something to show for it! I do not sit on my arse and bum off the state - I do not smoke, drink or go out with lads on the town or have a fancy car for that matter! I would like too!

All I want is for the CSA to have some balls and use their powers... go after my daughters Father and make him do the right thing... put his hand in his pocket and be a man! Support his kids!!! Instead they let him flaunt his wealth and allow him to play his petty games!

It is a screwed up system that seems to only benefit those that dont want to face their responsibility/duty, and the people I've known who had to deal with them have always said it was a nightmare, a nightmare for those trying to do the right thing I must add. They never seem to make an effort with those that have no consideration and couldnt careless. Its a stupid system thats about as logical and efficient as most government departments (IMHO).

All I can say is best of luck and I hope you get whats owed (y), but being realistic I wouldnt be surprised if you repost something similar 12 months from now:(

:eek: dont get me started on this one. i am a paying farther and boy do they pi@@ me off they seem to me to sting the ones that pay and give up on the t@@ts that dont. every time i think things are getting somewhere then wham . on the doorstep another letter we want this we want that ....:bang: all you can do is bang your head they honestly have not got a clue imho anyway not digging at anyone who works for them but the system is all f@@@@d up .. i could go on and on but its xmas and im trying to be cheerful:nuts:

Steve I'm sorry to hear that you're in this position. As a divorced father of 2 myself I find it incredible than any parent could suggest that it is not his responsibility to provide for his children. When I divorced we came to an arrangement between ourselves that we both consider fair and reasonable. Never needed the CSA to get involved. I remember my solicitor saying at the time that they were as much use as a chocolate fire guard.

I'm surprised that, after all this time the CSA haven't made an order to have child support deducted from his wages. I know they have the power to do that because someone I work with is having a battle with them over it because they're trying to take money out of his wages to pay his childs mother - but the child lives with HIM! They really don't know their arse from their elbow do they :bang:

I see your point Jewel but my wife doesn't work and I'm the sole provider and things are hard and getting harder every year - my eldest daughter (his) is now a teenager and therefore is starting to ask questions... how do you tell her that she cannot go here or have a holiday or why when she asks why HER dad will not buy her this or take her there etc... He is a spineless sod who thinks that since I married his ex-wife then I should pay for his kids out right! Come-on:shrug:

All credit to you guys doing the decent thing... the CSA system is really screwed up - I am not having a dig at the folks who work for them but I agree with MonkeyDave they only go after the easy targets - the decent caring parents! All you can do is bang your head and shout or in my case release some anger on this forum! Vent... vent...:bang: :bang: :bang: :puke: :thinking: :razz: :wacky:

Let me tell you a little story about the Child Support Agency.

I was working in a job last year which paid little more than minimum wage. I left work for a while due to family problems. That happened in October.

At the beginning of November I called the CSA and told them what had happened. I'd gone onto unemployment benefit or whatever its called and I'm currently on Statutory Sick Pay.

After that I didn't hear another word about it until around April 2006, when they sent a statement which showed my account was now in arrears to the tune of about £400. I called them to find out why and they said not to worry about it as it just hadn't been reassessed yet.

The next thing I knew, about two months ago, I start getting odd phone calls. Someone was relentlessly ringing my mobile, then hanging up when I answered it. I ignored it at first, but one day I decided to call the number back to find out what was going on.

The person who answered said "Hello, can I take your reference number please?"

"erm... no. Who the hell are you?"

This was my introduction to Legal & Trade Debt Collection Services, who had been given my details by the Child Support Agency for a now outstanding debt of £820! I gave the guy on the phone an absolutely savage bollocking and told them not to call me again.

I got straight on the phone to the Child Support Agency in Belfast. They said that they had not reassessed my case since I left employment 12 months prior. They had basically sent the debt collectors in to recover a debt which only existed through their own incompetence.

The calls from Legal & Trade continued, until a couple of weeks later I got a letter from the CSA saying I NOW owed £0.00.

Imagine my surprise when I got a letter from Legal & Trade a week later, saying that they were instructing solicitors to prepare court papers re collection of £820!

At the same time I got a letter from the CSA saying they'd reassessed my case and I was to pay MORE than I was paying before (commencing November 06)! Even though I was on less than 1/10th of my income!

I got on the phone to Legal & Trade again and they said to send them a copy of the £0.00 letter from the CSA. I sent it anyway even though I did not consider it was my responsibility to tell them.

After yet more phone calls and more letters I called Legal & Trade again and asked why the hell they were still trying to recover a debt which the CSA themselves said I did not owe. They confirmed receipt of the CSA's letter (which I'd had to send), but said they needed to hear it from the CSA themselves. Until that happened they would continue to recover the debt.

At this point I decided enough was enough. The CSA were fannying about and not listening to a word I was telling them, so I decided to get Citizen's Advice and my MP involved. I saw Citizen's Advice on the Friday, my MP on the Saturday and told him what had happened. He said he'd ring the CSA on Monday and get it sorted. About ten days later I got a further letter from the CSA.

They'd now reassessed my case PROPERLY! And it only took 13 bloody months of aggravation. I've been on antidepressants since July over various issues and none of this has helped.

All of this is over a five year old child who I haven't been allowed to see since he was a month old, nor have I ever 100% believed he was mine anyway, yet the CSA accept my ex's say-so that I'm the father, have refused me a paternity test three times, and will hunt me to the ends of the earth for the next 11 years.

Why haven't I seen him for five years? Assuming I'm really his dad (and I really need proof after some 'personal effects' I found belonging to my ex), I cannot afford to fight it out through the courts. My ex and her family have made themselves unapproachable. Aside from that, the right time for me to get back into a child's life has long since passed. I don't believe there will ever be a right time to do it now.

Jewel is spot on. Every case is different and it really boils my **** when I see people sitting there damning absent fathers to hell. For some of us, there is no choice yet we're painted with the same brush as the irresponsible lot.

I'm in a mood now. I hate the CSA.

Let me tell you a little story about the Child Support Agency.

I was working in a job last year which paid little more than minimum wage. I left work for a while due to family problems. That happened in October.

At the beginning of November I called the CSA and told them what had happened. I'd gone onto unemployment benefit or whatever its called and I'm currently on Statutory Sick Pay.

After that I didn't hear another word about it until around April 2006, when they sent a statement which showed my account was now in arrears to the tune of about £400. I called them to find out why and they said not to worry about it as it just hadn't been reassessed yet.

The next thing I knew, about two months ago, I start getting odd phone calls. Someone was relentlessly ringing my mobile, then hanging up when I answered it. I ignored it at first, but one day I decided to call the number back to find out what was going on.

The person who answered said "Hello, can I take your reference number please?"

"erm... no. Who the hell are you?"

This was my introduction to Legal & Trade Debt Collection Services, who had been given my details by the Child Support Agency for a now outstanding debt of £820! I gave the guy on the phone an absolutely savage bollocking and told them not to call me again.

I got straight on the phone to the Child Support Agency in Belfast. They said that they had not reassessed my case since I left employment 12 months prior. They had basically sent the debt collectors in to recover a debt which only existed through their own incompetence.

The calls from Legal & Trade continued, until a couple of weeks later I got a letter from the CSA saying I NOW owed £0.00.

Imagine my surprise when I got a letter from Legal & Trade a week later, saying that they were instructing solicitors to prepare court papers re collection of £820!

At the same time I got a letter from the CSA saying they'd reassessed my case and I was to pay MORE than I was paying before (commencing November 06)! Even though I was on less than 1/10th of my income!

I got on the phone to Legal & Trade again and they said to send them a copy of the £0.00 letter from the CSA. I sent it anyway even though I did not consider it was my responsibility to tell them.

After yet more phone calls and more letters I called Legal & Trade again and asked why the hell they were still trying to recover a debt which the CSA themselves said I did not owe. They confirmed receipt of the CSA's letter (which I'd had to send), but said they needed to hear it from the CSA themselves. Until that happened they would continue to recover the debt.

At this point I decided enough was enough. The CSA were fannying about and not listening to a word I was telling them, so I decided to get Citizen's Advice and my MP involved. I saw Citizen's Advice on the Friday, my MP on the Saturday and told him what had happened. He said he'd ring the CSA on Monday and get it sorted. About ten days later I got a further letter from the CSA.

They'd now reassessed my case PROPERLY! And it only took 13 bloody months of aggravation. I've been on antidepressants since July over various issues and none of this has helped.

All of this is over a five year old child who I haven't been allowed to see since he was a month old, nor have I ever 100% believed he was mine anyway, yet the CSA accept my ex's say-so that I'm the father, have refused me a paternity test three times, and will hunt me to the ends of the earth for the next 11 years.

Why haven't I seen him for five years? Assuming I'm really his dad (and I really need proof after some 'personal effects' I found belonging to my ex), I cannot afford to fight it out through the courts. My ex and her family have made themselves unapproachable. Aside from that, the right time for me to get back into a child's life has long since passed. I don't believe there will ever be a right time to do it now.

Jewel is spot on. Every case is different and it really boils my **** when I see people sitting there damning absent fathers to hell. For some of us, there is no choice yet we're painted with the same brush as the irresponsible lot.

I'm in a mood now. I hate the CSA.

:bang: :bang: :bang:

:bang: :bang: :bang:

:bang:
i feel your pain although i do see my kids evey weds night sleepover and sat 1pm till sun 1pm :love:

Just to highlight the other side of the argument, I have a friend who works in the CSA, the story is the same as most other government led (read fu***d about with) organisations. They are massively underfunded, as a consequence they are massively under staffed and massively overworked. He tells me they do care at a personal level, they just can't help everyone who needs it.

When my now ex-wife had trouble getting any joy from the CSA, who were taking a fair old time to get any payments out of her very well paid ex- first husband, I took her to see our MP David Willetts who said he would look into it.
We received a letter from him within days to say he had written to the CSA and told them to pull their finger out.
Two weeks later she received a cheque for £500+ and then got one every month for the following ten years until my stepdaughter turned 18.

As for making a payment to someone who claims that their child is yours, I would insist, via the courts if necessary, that a paternity test was done to ascertain the validity of her claim and if it comes back positive then make payments but not before. If you insist on it then sooner or later it will be ordered by a judge to settle the disagreement once and for all.

good advice that(y) if i or anyone else has problems with them get on to you local mp
or write to tony the peoples man and hassle him "them "
ill be on to mine soon :naughty: .

they just can't help everyone who needs it.

Hmmm ... sorry ... but do they actually HELP anyone ... or just make an almightly balls-up of everything ... for everyone concerned ... :cautious:

I genuinely don't know ... but being an age old cynic regarding any government departments ... it doesn't look good from where I'm sat ... :shrug:

:p

Mt wife and I have been through the same bother with the CSA and her ex, i had been supporting her and the two kids quite happily for a couple of years getting no maitainance from him at all, he then took us to court to gain parental responibility which i think means he has a say in their upbringing but still would not pay maintainance. surely to be a responsible parent you should help with bringing up your kids.

The csa on the other hand are a bit of a joke our file has been lost three times which meant that the case had to be started from scratch everytime and that is annoying.

But everycase is different the csa go for the easy targets and hit them with unreal figures, when i was a bailiff there were a few cases for the csa some in the region of £10,000 one of our bailiffs was executing a warrant for a fella who had not paid his child maintainence and i think it was around £45,000 which is unbelievable, but on his way to collect the money he got a call informing him the man he was after had unfortunatly committed suicide.

I think i am getting ever so much closer to moving abroad.

I agree with Big Ben... GfK not having a go at you... more the system and those parents who know they should be paying but do not!!! MP's that is another story....:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

What a f***ed society we are living in... Tony needs to get out more amongst the real people and stop kissing W's arse! The UK should start looking after its own rather than ever bugger else and making the UK Tax payers foot the bloody bills!...

Hey it is Christmas so you never know Santa may help:help: - after all he couldn't do any worse eh????:thinking::shrug::thinking: LOL

The only people who are suffering here are the kids!!!!:)

I think there is also a clause that people use and is very little known.

If you as the new Husband/Wife decide to adopt the Son/Daughter and they have your surname, then the Biological father no longer has to provide support as by law, you are now the responsible parent.

I know this after it went to court with my Cousins Husband and ex wife. My Cousins husband was paying support without any system in place and then his ex wife wanted to be greedy and get the CSA involved.

She had remarried and had the childrens names changed by adoption to keep her new family name. The family court judge decided against her and was ordered to pay the court costs and was told that she would no longer recieve payments for the children from their biological father due to another person taking on that responsibility.

To me the CSA and other Government bodies are well screwed up and I dont think it matters who is in power, no party is going to change it.

Now were getting towards Politics, I will leave it there....

Back