Childhood Seaside Town

Vic

Edit My Images
Yes
A few snaps for a college project. Constructive critique welcome :)

3878526404_763cf084f7.jpg

3877729983_606703665a.jpg

3878521712_75ef62c735.jpg

Vicky.

Hmm, cannot make up my mind on these
Dunno what but something is niggling me and I can't put my finger on it.

Will keep thinking:)

It troubles me that the first two are centred, but not quite. And the white balance is well off. The third one crops into the first stool and has not got a particular focus along with the slight tilt.

I see from your website that you are quite accomplished and these are not to quite the same standard in my opinion.

Perhaps if you try to explain what you were trying to achieve it could be judged in that context a little more.

Graham

Last edited:
It troubles me that the first two are centred, but not quite. And the white balance is well off. The third one crops into the first stool and has not got a particular focus along with the slight tilt.

I see from your website that you are quite accomplished and these are not to quite the same standard in my opinion.

Perhaps if you try to explain what you were trying to achieve it could be judged in that context a little more.

Graham

Thanks for the feedback Graham. Well I was sort of trying to go for the cheap seaside town look, the theme was supposed to be The British Holiday. I did a lot of curves adjustments which is probably putting the colour right out. But in all honestly they sort of rushed, not my best work. I was getting some funny looks off the fairground folk so had to move along quite quickly :D

Thanks for the compliment on my website (y)

Vicky

i love the colours of these , I think its just the composition that lets these down slightly

Compositions work, if a little tight.

The clouds have not retained any detail in the first two so this distracts. If you had detail but lost it in PP you should try to get it back as these images would improve greatly with this small addition.

The colour shift on the 3rd is reminiscent of old kodachrome but the first two have colours that would not appear in such a film so just look off. I can see what you are trying to achieve; the fairground has been around a long time and such a treatment can "age" the images.

You have not quite got there though so I would suggest you have another go at the PP work.
(y)

Back