Chinese New Year, Manchester 2012.

Name
Lucy
Edit My Images
Yes
I had a lovely time at the parade in Manchester. It was good to meet up with people too. But, it was very cold and the large crowds made it very difficult to get a good photo. It was definitely more of a learning experience photography-wise this year.

I'm looking forward to seeing other people's photos of the event.

1. Busy
6783953509_56e062a1f5_d.jpg

[Flickr]

2. My first sight of the dragon:
6783930375_a43c796da0_d.jpg

[Flickr]

3. The real thing:
6783931747_93dff1bd4e_d.jpg

[Flickr]

4. All I could see most of the time:
6783939983_dd60c3401a_z_d.jpg

[Flickr]

5. No really, it was all I could see:
6783940909_74d3d7bdf0_z_d.jpg

[Flickr]

Haha, the camera phone pics are funny.....it's soo true as well!! You tried to follow the 2 lions that went around the restaurants, they're pretty cool to watch, very energetic performers but it's impossible to see anything. The gold (acrobatic) lions were easier to follow but gutted I missed them actually doing the acrobatics in the car park.

Haha, the camera phone pics are funny.....it's soo true as well!! You tried to follow the 2 lions that went around the restaurants, they're pretty cool to watch, very energetic performers but it's impossible to see anything. The gold (acrobatic) lions were easier to follow but gutted I missed them actually doing the acrobatics in the car park.

Thanks! I figured I might as well try to make the best of the situation.

The main problem we had was that we had no idea what was going to happen or when, so positioning ourselves in the best location was impossible.

not to mention the security guard who came and stood right in front of us when we were 'crouching dragon'.

I went to Manchester yesterday too, great turn out, shame about the weather :(

It was freezing when we were stood waiting for the dragon parade

It was freezing alright, my fingers were about to break off. There was a photographer who was allowed into the disabled spot right in front of me. Was that anyone on here?? Luckily he didnt get in my way too much....I would have lamped him one lol.

We should all get some better pics next year though, it's impossible to be at the right location each time, because once you've got some good pics at town hall by the time you move to chinatown for the next good location it's already taken so don't feel bad that you didn't get good front row action each time because it would be impossible even if you knew what was going to happen.

not to mention the security guard who came and stood right in front of us when we were 'crouching dragon'.

That security guard appeared in nearly every single dragon photo I took outside the town hall. I've had to be quite 'creative' with the crops I did. So annoying!

Back