Chinook up close and personal

Name
Rory
Edit My Images
Yes
Seeing as my last helicopter post had as much interest as a £art in a lift:D I thought I might try and better it.
I took these this afternoon. It was just a touch and go exercise.
4152560313_33fa869613_o.jpg

4152581777_d911e87473_o.jpg

4153335816_6cef27b1ea_o.jpg

I knew I should have got the trim and edge out

4153556142_d12a06579f_o.jpg

Canon 1ds III, 70-200 L IS on a monopod

Last edited:
Very nice, would love to grab some shots like that.

Nice set. and only touch and go. right place and right time!

Really nice photos, good stuff.

Wicked photos, is that an ECM pod on the left hand side in the last photo??

It is part of the defensive aid suite. As to the protection it offers, only 2 types of people need/want to know what it does; a, the aircrew flying it and b, the Taliban.

For what its worth, I'm not sure of its specific role!

Cheesy

Very nice, particularly like no. 3 myself :cool:

Man, they look massive!

Great photos, 3 for me.

Many thanks. I personally like number one. It was almost on top of me then they made a right and landed just to my left. I had the camera set to manual as I was shooting into a white sky.
4155261770_88e35382ff_o.jpg

Last edited:
Great set Rory, Chinooks are difficult to get right but you've nailed them here mate. Bit upset you didn't share the setup info though, I mean, two lots of Helicopter sets in the same amount of days, can't be coincidence surely :LOL:

Mark
Mark,

The seaking was an e-mail at work informing us that there would be some activity on a Sunday morning to the south of the lake.If I get a similar warning again I'll drop you a line.

The chinook was similar but with 2 hours notice . I was in a meeting that day and talk about clock watching when the witching hour came up. Luckily we wound the meeting up just in time;)

We have had similar warnings in the past with no shows:(. Keith O'Brien will vouch for that.

Regards,
Rory

Mark,

The seaking was an e-mail at work informing us that there would be some activity on a Sunday morning to the south of the lake.If I get a similar warning again I'll drop you a line.

The chinook was similar but with 2 hours notice . I was in a meeting that day and talk about clock watching when the witching hour came up. Luckily we wound the meeting up just in time;)

We have had similar warnings in the past with no shows:(. Keith O'Brien will vouch for that.

Regards,
Rory

Still doesn't ease the pain of my broken heart :LOL:

Just pulling your leg mate ;)

Mark

Back