Chipping Steam Fair

Ess

Name
Esther
Edit My Images
Yes
I don't know if you could seriously class this as a mode of transport... I can just think of the caption for Joe, hence why I called the photo 'WTF?'! :LOL:

I love this car, sorry for the naff girly comment but I think it looks like it's smiling for the camera ;)

The Iron Horse...

The Beast...

Last edited:
The first doesn't work for me, it's just a bit too busy, with no real reference points.

Second is good, but a pity about the caravan in the BG.

Three, would work if you had managed some sky detail (like in 4)

Good set though and gives a flavour of the event.

Thanks for the comments, I'm pretty new to photography, so I'll certainly take any feedback on board :) I didn't get rid of the caravan on Photoshop as I'm new to that aswell, CGeezer has been training me with plenty of patience hehe.

Just for the record, my boy made me feel very ancient today when he asked me what 'the white thing' in that picture was - I felt like 35 going on 105!

I think that your first shot locked its focus on the young girl on the right as she's the sharpest thing in there. I like number 2 but would of been better if the man hadn't walked past. I'm not pro so dont worry too much about my 2 cents...Welcome to TP

She's razor sharp - she's my daughter ;)

It was a constant battle all day trying to get decent shots as the fair was so busy so we were waiting for that golden moment to take the photos as people wandered past completely unaware that some people might actually be taking pictures :)

Thanks for the comments though mate, like I said earlier I'll take them on board.

Hi Ess.
I was there myself, enjoyable day. I was up visiting my daughter in Bury.

Back