chisel beach my take

Name
mike
Edit My Images
Yes
my take on chisel beach, C + C more than welcome, im learning...... welll trying too :LOL:

chisel-beachpt.gif

I like the boats and the middle ground but for my money there are a few to many out of focus stones in the foreground which means the distant hills and sky lack detail. The people pn the beach also add interest.

I wouls agree with A1ex's comment. really nice composition and layout, just need one with the pebbles more in focus :)

Would you think croping out some of the stones would help?.

if i had used a higher F number then the stones would have been more in focus ?:shrug:

Would you think croping out some of the stones would help?.

if i had used a higher F number then the stones would have been more in focus ?:shrug:

Cropping off the bottom cm or so might help, a higher f number would have given you a bigger depth of field and would have helped with both the stones and the distance. The sky may need mother nature to be more on your side!

I also did this at the same time, i guess you could combine the two images to get one with both the distance and the stones in focus, thats assumimg i knew how. lol, loads to learn, :shrug:

beachpt2.jpg

Combining them would be possible but pretty tricky to get it looking seemless.

I actually prefer that second version, although it would have been nice to have the front of the boats too.

Jeez, we're a picky bunch eh. ;):LOL:

It is quite hard (not that I have tried often, even though I live a few minutes from the beach) to get a sense of the scale of the bank of shingle. You have managed that really well.

Regarding the sky - you would be really lucky to get clear blue around here, it does happen but not very often ;)

Ben

Thanks for the comments, to be honest i prefer the second one too, pity about the front of the boats. It a stunnig place to just sit relax and chill.

There is a bit of software call Combinez which may be able to put the two pictures together?

It is quite hard (not that I have tried often, even though I live a few minutes from the beach) to get a sense of the scale of the bank of shingle. You have managed that really well.

:agree:

Great attempt! I would definately be tempted to go back and get the one you want with as little manipulation as you can - and hopefully you will have more interest in the sky as well. I really like this, a definately postcard feel to it. :clap:

Gary

Wow thats great, :clap:

Well I actually quite like the first shot. There is no sign of bluring in the background to my eyes, and the lack of detail someone mentioned earlier is really only due to the angle over which the shot was taken, and nothing to do with the blurred foreground at all. I suppose my only complaint is that cutting off the bottom of the boats probably wasn't the best idea, but I think the blurred foreground works well to frame the rest of the shot. Perhaps next time take the shot from a slightly higher perspective, and imho, include the same amount of stones in the foreground. :)

I like the framing but for me the blurred foreground is too powerful, nearly strained my eyes the 1st time I looked at it ;)

The boats look interesting - I bet a shot a few steps to the left using the boats as foreground could have worked ?

Just my thoughts

simon

Many thanks for your comments, it good to get someone elses perspective on a shot, im learning all the time and you guys are helping no end.:clap:

regards mike

One thing that we can all do with DSLRs is take loads of shots. Next time you are in a situation where you quite like a scene, take loads of shots from different angles, with different apertures, different shutter speeds etc. Its not like your paying to have film processed.
I really enjoy getting them loaded up on the 'puter and choosing the good ones from the chaff.

I saw a shot a lot like this on Flickr.com recently. Maybe take a look.
Cheers(y)

Back