Choice of SD card Class 3 or not

Name
Harvey
Edit My Images
Yes
Good Evening

I am looking at buying a new SD card for my camera and was wondering is it worth while paying at bit extra and getting the SDXC Class 3 ones as in over 95mbps

or is it a waste of cash

thanks

Mark

It very much depends on your model of camera and whether you need to elongate your buffer.

I have a canon 60d and i don't like the sound of elongating my buffer lol

There are very few cameras that can take advantage of U3 cards at the moment so you'd really be buying it for your next camera. Obviously, it'll work well in your 60D but nowhere near its full capability.

I'd go for any Sandisk Extreme of whatever capacity you want although the basic 45MB/s read, 30MB/s write is probably all you need. I suspect the 60D won't handle SDXC so stick with SDHC.

I'd go for any Sandisk Extreme of whatever capacity you want although the basic 45MB/s read, 30MB/s write is probably all you need. I suspect the 60D won't handle SDXC so stick with SDHC.
:agree:

I use Kingston cards (the brown ones, not sure on the name) they are 90mb/s read 80mb/s write and very cheap compared to Sandisk.
I compared speeds on my D7100 with raw images in high speed mode with lens cap on and measured speed using an audio recorder, these appeared to be faster in used then the Sandisk Extreme Pro but on the D7100 write speed are still really slow.

I'm with snapshot and i buy from wex, i've had a couple of duffers from ebay.
The 30 or 45 speeds are fine and fast enough for my use.
I don't mind paying postage, peace of mind that it's the genuine article.

I used to buy mine from 7dayshop but that's gone downhill since the VAT loophole was closed and now it tends to be MyMemory.
I wouldn't touch eBay or the Amazon marketplace as the chances of receiving fakes are much too high.

Dont buy any memory from Ebay or Amazon sellers to much dodgy gear on there, Amazon direct are fine but better still is mymemory.com or look for special deals in the large outlets IE tesco, Argos etc

Normally buy mine from MyMemory. Always arrive quickly and seem to remember postage is included in the price.

As above, Amazon themselves, My memory or local shops as sometimes very similar priced and good to support them

I haven't bought a memory card for quite a while. I bought most of mine at retail in SA, but I've also used 7 DayShop (before the VAT loophole closed) and Amazon in the past and never had any problems. I'm cautious about Amazon Marketplace and eBay, unless I've dealt with the seller before, or the cost isn't enough to worry about. Supermarkets occasionally have good deals, but they're not places I go to if I can avoid it...:D

I would go with my memory or 7 day shop, I would check both for type and prices at the time of purchase.

I always buy mine from Amazon (direct not 3rd parties) or mymemory these days. never had a fake card or any problems. Too many horror stories about buying fake cards from ebay, and it simply isn't worth the risk to save a few £ at most.

I've been looking to replace a slower 32Gb SD card (Sandisk) that I use in the 2nd slot on my 1DIV. I know the camera won't support the faster read/write speeds of the latest cards, but it will hopefully make tranferring images from the cards onto the PC much faster. I was looking at the Lexar 1000x SD card, which seemed good value at under £20: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lexar-Profe...1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1440062175&sr=8-1-fkmr0

Back