choices choices choices

Name
Rik
Edit My Images
Yes
as i have said before in previous posts im looking for an slr kit for around 300 quid ish the main contender was the nikon d40 i like the look and feel of it and its at the right price point

i have however seen an Olympus E400 kit at the same sort of price point so forgoing brand loyalty which is the better camera of the two? i dont care which badge is on it

Both are good cameras, but if I were you I'd go for (1) the E-410 if your choice is Olympus or (2) D40x if your choice is Nikon.

I have the E-400 and have taken some good pics with it, have recently upgraded to the E-510.

Best to go to a shop like Jessops and handle both of them to see which feels better in your hand. Personally, I am not too fond of the D40 or D40x, they look somewhat cheapish to me - but that's only my opinion. Better Nikons are proportionally much better than the introductory models.

The E-400 is a superb entry level DSLR though, but go for the E-410 which has superseded the E-400.

I'll second the theMusicMan. The E410 is a cracking little camera and has lots going for it, not least 'live view' and an effective dust remover.

good bodies but bear in mind your upgrade path in terms of bodies is somewhat limited in the long run.

Back