Choir shoot - one tough job.

Edit My Images
Yes
Booked to cover this event at short notice. Wednesday to be exact. No problem with the remit. The customer was a large sports academy in Bristol of which I will be taking photos for in 09. Today was the Christmas end of term choir service and shindig for all. It was in a sports hall so not the best light to work in. Upon arrival I noted that the choir was side lit by spot lights which I later put to use. There was no remit so I wandered and shot in my own style which the marketing department like. I have used B/W more than I should have done as it conveys some of the emotion of the event in that it was not all jolly. It was about making young adults realise there are less fortunate people out there at this time of year. Students and academic staff alike were asked to bring gifts for charity organizations which would be sent off. We then saw a video about how life can change in a heartbeat and gifts were placed under a tree.

Highlight was covering the college choir. Based on another site, these students study the arts. Credit to them. They sang some gospel stuff and it was very, very good. It made the hairs stand up and make everyone think about life - if only for a moment.

Photography wise it was one of those silk purse pigs ear scenario so I just cracked on and got it done. Not delighted with the work here but an example of what we talked about earlier in the week re delivering images whatever the cost. How do you make a disperate set up work. I for one wished I had a very large step ladder today.

3120218227_58a7fff5d4.jpg

3120219257_f5f4a92107.jpg

3121022150_ef1d412c0b.jpg

3120215639_978fb6ae90.jpg

3121049352_407998eaf7.jpg

3121027170_61a2334798.jpg

3120187985_1eff91e09f.jpg

3121053476_4fa5cb2693.jpg

Last edited:
I think you have done very well there in what appear to be very challenging circumstances. You have clearly made the most of the conditions you had to work with and i think the b&w shots have worked well.

Great stuff.

B&W for the conductor shot works very well, very atmospheric shot.

A nice set Pete, I love the one of the conductor, and also no. 30 (when it certainly made me smile) on your Flikr set.

I know what you mean about gospel music though, there's a gospel church near me & I would love to go in with the camera.

Spence

Back