Critique Choosing 3 of my favorite photographs of 2022

Name
Steve France
Edit My Images
Yes
I was asked to choose my 3 favorite (not best) photographs of 2022 for a local competition, boy what a challenge, 3 best would have been easier, 3 favorites is a lot harder.
I am wondering what the hive mind makes of my choices ....££ Cousins.jpg14-03-2022 Barn Owl 3.jpg29-07-2022 Panthera Onca - Jaguar.jpg

Yep . All look good (y)

One question , Image 3 background ? What trickery is going on with that , Lines running horizontally and vertically.

One question , Image 3 background ? What trickery is going on with that , Lines running horizontally and vertically.
Taken at the big cat sanctuary from a high viewpoint to avoid fencing at front, used large aperture to blur rear fence as best as possible without loads of PP.

Number one is my favourite as even though they're not my children I see can see the appeal and it is a lovely picture. I can see bird lovers opting for number two and I suppose big cat lovers could pick number three but as I'm not a big cat lover I find the OOF areas too distracting although I do appreciate that this was a good result in the circumstances. So, I can see they'll all good :D

Well done for them all Steve :D

Back