Christine

Name
Emma
Edit My Images
Yes
Saw this car as I was waiting for fuel in the village petrol station, so hopped out and snapped it, it reminded me of that creepy film Christine. Was going to clone out the bollards, but I kind of like the idea of the pic at first glance looking like something from the past, but on closer looking the signs and the cones make it obvious it isnt, so left them in, probably a bad choice.

Christine1.jpg

The dust bunnies add to the picture too I feel!!

That is really nice Emma ... (y) ... and it works well in mono too imhgo ... ;)

For me it works better if you take a large slice of the foreground out though and bring the motor down to a junction of thirds ... :shrug: ... just my take on it though ... :D

:p

Not bad for a 6 year old ;)

I really like this and think the juxtaposition of old/new often works well as long as it's not contrived and in this case it's subtle enough to become a background narrative to the piece.

I also like the processing that's been done. Is it split toned or just sepia?

Perhaps it could be rotated to the right a smidge as it looks slightly off the horizontal as if the car should be rolling.

Nice low down position you got into here. I like it.
Not sure if it needs a rotation though as all the signs and the petrol pump appear to be level.

Do you live in 1963 ? :D

Really like this shot, but maybe a bit too much foreground for my liking though

Never noticed the optical illusion thing! Thanks for all your tips and copmments, does look a bit lop sided dont it! Here is the original copy as you can see, my horrid car waiting in line for fuel, what you cant see is me making a fool of myself lying on the ground in the middle of the road.

Unedited.jpg

Seeing the original really emphasises how well the processing has been done on the finished version. It works brilliantly. (y)

I would agree with some of the earlier suggestions tho. I would be to tempted to lose a little bit of the foreground and maybe give it a bit of a nudge clock-wise. Feels like its sloping to the left a wee bit.

Back