Christmas blues

Name
Graeme
Edit My Images
Yes
The one good thing about the Christmas weather is that it's allowed me to practise some photos with my (reluctant) daughter. Welcome any feedback

Thanks as always!

Sarah IG1-2 by Graeme, on Flickr

Sarah IG1--2 by Graeme, on Flickr

I prefer the lighting on the first one, but not so much the chopping of the arm. I'm absolutely no expert, and am just giving my opinion as I see it :)

Thanks Rick. Agree about the 'arm chopping' too - sadly we were constrained to our small lounge to shoot this but no excuse really!

First for me too. Really nice soft lighting. Shame there’s not a bit more separation between the hair and the background.

Another for the first here too. There's a blue tinge to the whites of her eyes. Was this intentional?
PS I took a photo at Christmas that had just top part of the hand showing. Family like it but I dislike it because of the chopped off arm ☹️

Last edited:
The whites on the eyes are too blue and I can't get past that- sorry :)

Les

Hiya. Love them both. Really liking the overall moody shadowy feel. That said I would remove the green colour grading from the whites of the eyes, as in number one it is very noticeable.

Gaz

First for me too. Really nice soft lighting. Shame there’s not a bit more separation between the hair and the background.
Thanks Michael - yep, have to agree! More practise needed! :)

Another for the first here too. There's a blue tinge to the whites of her eyes. Was this intentional?
PS I took a photo at Christmas that had just top part of the hand showing. Family like it but I dislike it because of the chopped off arm ☹️

Hi Naka - the blue tinge was intentional-ish - I tried to use a colour scheme I have for Instagram but overlooked how it would affect her eyes - lesson learned!

Hiya. Love them both. Really liking the overall moody shadowy feel. That said I would remove the green colour grading from the whites of the eyes, as in number one it is very noticeable.

Gaz

Thank Gaz - messed the eye element up, completely overlooked that! Will definitely remember that for the future!

Back