Christmas gift.

Name
Walter
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello everyone, joined forum last Saturday and have already found some helpful tips, received a Nikon D3400 18-55mm as a gift for Christmas, I have been mostly taken shots of the grandchildren but couldn't wait to take a photo of a waterfall and try and capture the frozen water, lucky I knew of one at Crawfordsburn County Park so went down last week {uploaded photo ?}. would be grateful if other experience members would cast there eye over it and see were I can maybe improve the next time. Thanking in advance.

Hi Walter, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy".

Welcome to the forum Walter :wave:

For frozen water you need a faster shutter speed to 'freeze' the motion of the water. I can't see from the EXIF data what shutter or ISO or aperture you used. But the Sutter needs to be faster for this type of image.

Good effort, keep experimenting. ;)

Thank you Jak for welcome and advice, a lot to learn but really trying and learning by my mistakes. shutter speed is very low.

Attachments

• Capture 3.JPG
    Capture 3.JPG
    21.3 KB · Views: 9
Yes, 1/15 is far too slow. Lower the aperture and maybe increase the ISO to allow a faster shutter. It doesn't cost a shilling to experiment with lots of different images ;)

Back