Christmas Lights Photowalk

Name
Philip
Edit My Images
Yes
A night time photowalk around where the christmas lights had been put up, had been organised by the Leicester Peoples Photographic Gallery. As I was off work I decided to go along and have a go at some night photography.

Here are a few of the shots taken during the night photowalk.

I've still got a lot to learn about night photography, but it's all good fun. I will have to look at the ones that I prefer and see how I can improve for next time.

Night Photowalk - Fountain by philipJvernon, on Flickr

Night Photowalk - Christmas Display by philipJvernon, on Flickr

Night Photowalk - Christmas Tree by philipJvernon, on Flickr

Night Photowalk by philipJvernon, on Flickr

Night Photowalk - Clock Tower by philipJvernon, on Flickr

Night Photowalk - Christmas Lights Bokeh by philipJvernon, on Flickr

A rather nice set there (y) though I have to say I think that the penultimate image is stunning :D what a wonderful scene, for me though person between you and the scene spoils it a little :shrug:

Matt
MWHCVT

Agree with Matt the penultimate shot is my pic of the set only I dont mind the person as he/she gives scale to the shot (y)

I had a similar feeling about he/she Dave, but I think they need to be closer to the subject and being in the position that they are in for me makes the subject seem a little smaller :thinking:

Matt

Thanks for the comments, that image is my favorite aswell. I did think about trying to get rid of the person, I might try to again at some point.

The thing that I am annoyed with is that I wish I has moved a few steps to the right, and tried to get the lit up part of TK Maxx behind the clock and out of the shot.

I might be going back near there again with my camera so will give it another go if I do.

Back