Christmas list for the missus

Name
Greg
Edit My Images
No
Hi All,

Have been reading the threads with enthusiam and trying to get as much info as poss.
I am in the process of writing my xmas list and have a couple of questions.

I have a canon 400d BTW

Remote -
Looking at the remotes they need to be fired from infront of the camera. Is there anything around the £20 mark that can be used anywhere around the camera. Also, do they have a delay on them?. I want to take HDR images so need a fairly fast response from the remote. I know nothing about remotes and have tried to find out in various shops.

Tripod -
Macro, Landscapes, wildlife. Im after a sturdy pod that will hold camera and 70-300 lens. Around the £30 mark.As light as poss, doesnt have to extend to really high, maybe only 1.5m. Again, looked at Velbon CX range, any opinions?

Erm, think thats it for now.

Great site by the way and will definately use some of the 'project' ideas from the other threads.

G

Thanks, will take a look later.

Im getting a bit confused with the tripod thing as well. So many to choose from. Im fairly new and just want something that doesnt way as much as my car and wont topple over in a stiff breeze.....
Seen that happen and its none too pretty:eek:

Ta
G

I think someone on here said about tripods......

CHEAP
LIGHT
STURDY

choose and TWO of these!

Thanks Glen, looks ideal, plus a whole load of mags.....

should do the job for a beginner..

I have a sub to the magazine and its always a great read with loads of info covering every aspect of photography, not just your usual this month its 'landscape', then in 3 months time its 'Lanscapes' again, do you know what I mean. :bang:

Give me until about 12.30 today, once I'm home I'll post up the Tel number for you.

Nothing useful to say about the thread that hasn't been said already but I'm soooooo glad that indie isn't wearing a santa hat. :LOL:

Even though I've got a Manfrotto, I had to re-subscribe to Pro tog mag as it was a gift subscription and ran out this month.

So I took advantage of the free tripod offer, £39 for 1 years subs plus free tripod, well actually the tripod is £9 quid as you can get the subs on their own for £30.

The tripod came through this week, and I must say it's very good for a budget tripod, does exactly what it says on the tin, will support a 400d/30d with not too big a lens.

Well worth it folks, for those of you wanting to spend £30 ish on a tripod as you get 12 mags too.

Not sure if the offer is still on though????

Back