Christmas list help please

RobertP

TPer Emeritus
Name
Robert
Edit My Images
Yes
I have to come up with a list of stuff friends/relatives can buy me for Christmas.

I can usually come up with a couple of DVD's and albums etc and then struggle to think of things in that price range or thereabouts.

Thats where you come in :) I would like some photography books (I have none) but don't know what to pick. I was thinking of books that would cover composition and technique, something that will help me get the best from the flashgun that will also be on my list (prob 580) - and maybe something about the great and the good of photography .... something else I know little of.

Many months ago I read a web article about composition and was talking about it to my friends daughter who is doing A level Art and found a lot in common - many of the concepts have faded now though...would love to understand it better.

Don't really want something that is basic like f.stops and dof explained..how to use your digital etc etc.

All reccomendations welcome.

Here are the photo titles I've bought over the last few months from Amazon:

First Light: A Landscape Photographer's Art
Adobe PhotoShop CS for Photographers
A Field Guide to Landscape Photography
Scotland's Coast: A Photographer's Journey
100 Ways To Take Better Landscape Photographs
Landscape Within: Insights and Inspiration for Photographers
Landscape: The Story of 50 Favourite Photographs
Wildlife Photographer of the Year: Portfolio 14
A Comprehensive Guide to Digital Black and White Photography
Wildlife Photographer of the Year: Portfolio 15

Although not "instructional" Joe Cornish's books [First Light & Scotland's Coast] are inspirational. Good stuff in Guy Edwardes's 100 Ways etc.

Martin Evening - Adobe Photoshop CS2 for Photographers.

(Assuming you have CS2 and want to learn how to use it of course). I believe it comes highly recommended by many.

Marcel said:
Martin Evening - Adobe Photoshop CS2 for Photographers.

(Assuming you have CS2 and want to learn how to use it of course). I believe it comes highly recommended by many.

Yeah I've got this book and can thoroughly recommend it too.

Back